Tina Allen1985 profile image 59

My ac fan is running, compressor kicks on and off, and my outside unit will sometimes do the same.

My home air unit is only 5 1/2 years old. The outside fan works great. I can hear The compressor running one minute and then it just shuts off. It kicks on and off. The outside units fan will be running by itself with out the compressor running and it will turn off for a few seconds and then kick back on but the compressor still isn't running. It makes a loud hissing/blowing sound sometimes. works perfect during the night. Only messes up during the day. Doesn't freeze inside or out. New clean filters. Inside and outside units aren't clogged. What is going on?

Arove Ke Josefa says

• Tina Allen1985 profile image

Tina Allen1985 18 months ago

The thermostat would cause the compressor to kick off and on? It only does it on a hot day. At night it works great. If it's cloudy or cool outside it works great as well.