Kenna McHugh profile image 82

How do I begin landscaping my front yard after a long drought?

I live in California where we've been in a severe drought for 5 years. We had good rains this last winter, but still we are on a regulated watering schedule. I want to design my front yard a bit better and need to know where to start.

cat on a soapbox profile image97

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• Kenna McHugh profile image

Kenna McHugh 16 months ago

Catherine, this is great advice. I will keep some of the grass and design around it. I rather not use Round Up because of the chemicals, but can find a natural way to get rid of the unwanted roots. I will take the rest of your advice and go from the

Copper Man says

• Kenna McHugh profile image

Kenna McHugh 16 months ago

Lane, thank you for your suggestions. I really like live plants. It is so hard for me to go without. But, a cover patio would be fun. We used to have a car port and love it. The shade keeps the house cool.