Austinstar profile image 81

What are your best or worst memories of the 1960s in the USA?

This is for a hub I am writing, thank you!

gregas profile image76

Greg Schweizer (gregas) says

3 weeks ago
  • Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 3 weeks ago

All that in one decade? Glad you kept it together! How is your daughter now? OK, I hope.

lisavollrath profile image92

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

3 weeks ago
  • Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 3 weeks ago

It was a time when kids could freely play outside. I remember when the latchkey trend started. The outside became a scary place.

Alternative Prime profile image88

Alternative Prime says

3 weeks ago
  • Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 3 weeks ago

I remember the Beatles debut, and the moon landing for sure. And the hippies! Free love! But I was still too immature to remember how tragic the assisnations were. I think if we had one now, it would not be quite so horrible!

wrenchBiscuit profile image90

Ronnie wrenchBiscuit (wrenchBiscuit) says

3 weeks ago
  • Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 3 weeks ago

Interesting experiences! Have you written any hubs about these things? I will go and look, but I also remember the racial unrest of the 60s and 70s. Still hasn't stopped, has it? UFOs! Oh my!

ptosis profile image78

ptosis says

3 weeks ago