Decorating with paint allows the most flexibility for change, and if you have the skills to do it yourself, painting can be inexpensive. You can paint your bedroom in a weekend, for instance, so you can change the color of the walls as often as you like.
1. Protect the furnishings. Remove all the small items from the dressers by either putting them in the drawers or putting them in a box.
2. Start with the trim. Paint the trim first, using a two-inch brush with an angled tip.
3. Roll the walls. Start in the same place where you started painting the trim and work around the room in the same direction.
4. Add a second coat of paint after the first has dried thoroughly.
5. Reassemble the room. Let the paint dry overnight before putting the furniture back.