I suggest this post from my research dude http://www.cleaner-carpet-tucson.com for cleaning your carpet and also you can buy a large box full of first quality 100% natural Sisal. Excellent for cat scratching posts and other pet furniture.
* Boxes of sisal remnants are available in three sizes; approximately 5, 10 or 15 pounds.
* Length varies from piece to piece.
* All remnants come open-ended, no binding, different colors, weaves and in its natural form only.
* Backing: 100% non-slip Natural Latex.
* Fiber Content: 100% new imported Sisal (all first quality)
* Fast Free Shipping anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Here's the site http://www.naturalarearugs.com/sisal-remnants.php.
Lastly, when you are going to clean that remnants in the future don't forget to use chem dry method in carpet cleaning. I also suggest carpet cleaning Tucson or carpet cleaning all over US.