leni sands profile image 82

My sunflowers have just about done flowering now, what should I do with them to extract seeds & oil?

Last year I didn't really do much with them apart from save the heads and put them in the greenhouse. When I came to use the seeds this year, a mouse had devoured them. This year I want to do the right thing by them but I am not sure how you extract the oil, etc. I also wondered what other parts of the sunflower are useful - the leaves, stem. They smiled so well at the sunshine this year it would be a shame to let them go unused. I have four large sunflowes and three smallish ones. Any ideas? Please share - a hub on sunflowers and there uses would be fabulous.

leni sands profile image82

Leni Sands says

IdeaMorphist profile image79

IdeaMorphist says