Our house was built in 1997 and the contractor used prefab trusses. The first winter I noticed...

a few holes, about the size of a quarter, where the drywall meets the ceiling. I called the contractor back and showed him. He talked with someone about the prefab trusses and said there is a natural phenomen that can occur and the trusses float in the winter time. He came in and put molding all through the house to cover up the small holes. Every winter in the middle of the house I can see where the drywall pulls away from the ceiling, but goes back when spring arrives. This past winter was extremely bad and we had more snow. This is the worst I have ever seen it pull away and in some p

drbillfannin profile image61

drbillfannin says

tahoppes says

mikeholmesfan says