Best Handheld Vacuums Cleaners of 2015
Looking for the best handheld vacuums? No worries you are at the right place.
At first sight, floor cleaning seems to be a very easy task. But with so many vacuum models out there in the market, it’s quite natural to feel a bit overwhelmed.
Market is flooded with handheld vacuum cleaners. The units range from corded vacuums to battery operated cordless vacuums, from bagged units to bagless units.
Making a wrong purchase could cost you time and money. Or could even put you and your children’s safety at risk.
So, before you spend your hard earned money. Make sure that you know which is the best handheld vacuum for your needs.
I have worked hard and gathered some useful information that will help you out in selecting a handheld vacuum best for you.
Top 5 Handheld Vacuums Compared:
We have reviewed a variety of portable vacuums. And interviewed the people using them, in our quest to find the best hand held vacuum. And believe me, every person came up with different vacuums as their requirements were different.
There is no handheld vacuum which is 100% perfect. But based on our experience and feedback from various users like us - here are the suggested top 5 products with a quick comparison.
Black & Decker Platinum BDH2000FL
Get 15% Off
Best Price and Performance
Warranty: 3 years
Warranty: 2 years
Warranty: 3 years
Weight: 3.8 pounds
Weight: 3.4 pounds
Weight: 2.7 pounds
Run Time: 15 min
Run Time: 20 min
Run Time: 10-15 min
Suction Power (air watts): 22 - 24
Suction Power (air watts): 28 - 100 (at boost mode)
Suction Power (air watts): 22 - 28
Filtration: Cyclonic And Triple Action Filtration, Washable Filter.
Filtration: 2 Tier Radial Cyclones. Patented Dyson Technology, three times the suction power of any other portable vacuum.
Filtration: 2-stage cloth filtration.
Dimensions:11.9 x 7.7 x 10.2 inches
Dimensions: 10 x 16.3 x 6.1 inches
Dimensions: 22.7 x 8.7 x 5.6 inches
Battery: 20-Volts Li-ion
Battery: 22.2 Volt Nickel Manganese Cobalt
Battery: 18 VoltLi-ion
Dirt Holding Cap.: 17 oz
Dirt Holding Cap.: 15 oz
Dirt Holding Cap.: 20.8 oz
Comes with: Pet hair tool, Nozzle brush, Crevice tool.
Comes with: Charging cord, Nozzle and Brush.
Comes with: Extension, Floor nozzle and Crevice nozzle.
Makita BCL180W (Best Price and Performance)
Buy Makita BCL180W Now From Amazon At A Special Price
Makita BCL180W is a great handheld vacuum with a good sucking capability. Its so strong that it can pick up debris like saw dust and bolts. The unit is powered by a 18 volt lithium ion battery. The battery can be recharged in less than 20 minutes!
The equipment has 2-stage bagless cloth filtration technology. This allows easier cleaning and quicker debris disposal. The device can be used for up to 10 minutes of continuous use from a single fully charged 18V Compact Lithium-Ion battery.
Its great ergonomic and lightweight design means that you won’t strain your arms while using this. Based on the feedback from the users it works great on tiled, wooden, cemented and all sorts of uncovered floors. The device is capable of picking up medium to small debris.
- Charging time of less than 20 minutes.
- Strong motors that deliver a powerful suction pressure for fast and efficient cleaning.
- Redesigned floor nozzle that can be swivelled 90 degrees for better debris removal.
- Bagless 2-stage cloth filtration technology.
- Compact and lightweight design for reduced operational fatigue.
- 3 year warranty.
- Above average suction for a cordless vacuum cleaner.
- Easy to clean and use.
With loads of other amazing features and the ease of use, this makes it the number 1 choice.
Dyson DC58 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner (Best Performance)
Dyson DC58 is the real killing machine when it comes to handheld vacs. This device is powered by the Dyson digital motor V6. These motors spin up to 110,000 times in a minute. Which is 3 times faster than conventional motors.
DC58 is capable of producing a suction pressure thrice more than any other handheld vacuum. The device has a special arrangement of two Tier Radial Cyclones – 15 cyclones. The cyclones are arranged in two tiers, working in parallel to increase airflow. And hence able to capture even the finest dust particles.
Thanks to its nickel manganese cobalt battery due to which this device recharges 3 times faster than any other hand held vacuum cleaner. On full charging it delivers a run-time of 20 minutes. The ergonomic design allows it to fit into the shape of a hand.
- Dyson digital motor V6, that spins 110,000 times in a minute.
- Three times more powerful than any other portable vacuum.
- 15 cyclones, arranged across two tiers, working in parallel allowing even the finest dust particles to be trapped.
- 20 minute run time.
- Hygienic one-touch bin empty, press a button to clean.
- Nickel manganese cobalt battery that charges much faster than its counterparts.
Packed with all those best in class features we have classified this as the best performing handheld vacuum in the market.
Black & Decker Platinum BDH2000FL (Buy at a Special Price)
Buy Black & Decker Platinum From Amazon At A Special Price
BDH2000FL is a versatile handheld vacuum from Black & Decker. This unit features a innovative four-foot bendable hose. This hose allows the user to access hard to reach areas and tight spots. The hose can be wrapped around the unit for neat storage and portability. The vacuum also includes a charging base with charge indicator LED and tool storage space.
Its unique Li-ion battery gets charged quickly. And the best part about it is that – it can hold charge for up to 18 months. The device also features an Energy Star approved SmartCharge technology that ensures that device is only charged when needed.
BDH2000FL also has high-performance motor that gives rise to a strong and long lasting suction. The equipment also includes a pet hair cleaning tool. This tool is specifically designed to clean up stubborn pet hair. Its 3 stage cyclonic filtration system prevents the dust and debris from escaping the unit.
- Strong Suction with powerful high performance motors.
- Can hold charge for up to 1.5 year.
- Cyclonic and Triple Action Filtration with Washable Filter.
- Battery charge indicator light.
- Energy Star approved SmartCharge technology.
With all those features at a moderate cost, we have rated this vacuum as one of the best cordless handheld vacuum in the market.
Electrolux Rapido (Value For Money)
Buy Electrolux Rapido Now From Amazon At A Special Price
Electrolux Rapido is one of the most lightweight handheld portable vacuum. The device operates on a 14.4 volt lithium ion battery. The battery gets charged quickly and gives a 10 minutes runtime.
Elecrolux Rapido gives you two speed options. This allows you to use more power with the simple touch of a button. The soft glide wheels mounted on the base of the device help in keep your delicate surfaces protected. So that you can quickly and thoroughly clean stairs, couch cushions, upholstery, and more.
The device also provides an integrated crevice tool. You can use this tool to clean tight spots in one step. When not in use, the crevice tool retracts for trouble-free storage.
- 14.4 volt Li-ion battery with charging stand.
- 2 speed options that allows you to use more power with touch of a button.
- Soft glide wheels that protects delicate surfaces against scratches that may occur while vacuuming.
- Integrated crevice tool for reaching the tight spots.
With all those features packed at such a moderate cost, we have rated this vacuum as value for money.
Black & Decker Platinum BDH2000L (Get 20% OFF)
Buy Black & Decker BDH2000L From Amazon At A Special Price
BDH2000L is the sleekest handheld vacuum from Black & Decker. The equipment features a rotating slim nozzle with a built-in crevice tool and flip-up brush. The device is capable of cleaning up dust, pet hair, and crumbs.
The device includes a 20 Volt Li-ion battery. The battery charges 6 times faster than traditional NiMH batteries. The device has a runtime of 15+ minutes. Its crevice tool doubles the reach. So you don’t have to bend down too much while cleaning the floors.
Its stylish semi translucent dirt chest lets you know when it’s time to empty it. It comes with a powerful suction capacity motor and a 2 stage filtration system. The filtration system consists of a mesh and a cloth filter that are washable. Hence saving you on filter expense. The equipment head can be rotated 90 degrees in both directions to help you reach more areas.
- Sleek body with a stylish semi translucent dirt chest.
- Powerful suction capacity motor.
- 2 stage filtration system consisting of a washable mesh and a cloth filter.
- Equipment head can be rotated 90 degrees in both directions.
- Run time of 15+ minutes.
With all those amazing features, we have rated BDH2000L as one of the best handheld vacuum cleaners.
Why Handheld Vacuums?
Upright vacuums are able to handle the majority of the household cleaning. But a handheld vacuum can help you fill in the gaps. Portable vacuum cleaners are small, compact and can be used to clean the small hard to reach areas where an upright vacuum cleaner cannot reach.
Advantages of handheld vacuum cleaners:
- They are compact and can reach the areas where big or bulky vacuums cannot reach.
- Despite of their small size. They have powerful motors which deliver a strong suction pressure.
- These qualities make them ideal for cleaning spills, couch cushions, stair risers, car interiors etc.
- They are light weight and hence can be easily transported form one room to another. And are much easier to clean than their upright counterparts.
- Some of the handheld vacuums also offer battery operated cordless models. You can just recharge them and you are ready to clean.
Key Factors to Consider While Buying a Handheld Vacuum:
Some of the most important factors that you should consider before buying a handheld vacuum are as follows:
- Portability: Portability is the first thing that comes to my mind while thinking about handheld vacuums. Portability is a huge factor that you should consider before buying a handheld vacuum. So, before buying a handheld vacuum make sure that it is portable enough (not more than 4 pounds). This helps the device to be carried anywhere. And in addition to it also should have attachments to vacuum the hard to reach places.
- Battery life: Handheld vacuums should have a good powerful and fast charging battery. Charging time should be less than 2 hours. Apart from this, the battery should be strong enough to run the equipment for at least 10-12 minutes.
- Warranty: Equipment warranty is another very important factor that should be taken into consideration before buying any portable vacuum. Warranty on portable vacuums should at least be 12 months.
- Maintenance: I agree that all electronic equipments including vacuum cleaners have to be maintained for flawless operation. But the maintenance required for handheld equipment should be minimal. The vacuum which needs you to clean its filters every month is definitely better than the one that needs to be cleaned every week.
- Suction Power: Let’s face this fact that handheld vacuum cleaners are not as powerful as their upright counterparts. But then, the suction power is another important factor for handheld vacuums. Suction power is measured in air-watts and it should not be less than 20 air watts.
- Dirt Holding Capacity: A handheld vacuum should have a good dirt holding capacity. This implies that a better handheld vacuum is one which can hold more dirt before it needs to be cleaned.
- Accessories: Accessories can be a big factor in deciding a better hand held vacuum cleaner. Generally portable vacuums come with different types of cleaning accessories like: extension, floor nozzle, crevice nozzle, pet hair tool etc. Buy only the one which offers the attachments/accessories that you need the most.
As you can see, choosing a handheld vacuum relies on a range of factors. Depending on how you want to use it and where you want to use it can make all the difference in the world in which model is right for you. Once you’ve decided what type you want to go with, make sure to read handheld vacuum reviews online and see what other people are saying.