Mopnado Walkable Deluxe Spin Mop Review - Best Spin Mop
I'm in the market for good all round mop that is easy to use, clean and doesn't end up costing a lot to maintain.
There are a lot of great mops around, but some like the Swiffer-style products, need constant changes and replenish wipes is not only costly, bothersome as well.
After a lot of research, the 360 spin mops took my fancy, I like the fact with these mops you need not bend to rinse the mop or even ever touch the mop head during use.
So it looks like if I used this new type of mop, I will be able to keep my hands clean, and when all the moping is finished, the mop heads can be tossed in the washer to clean and should last about a year before you need to replace them.
Which is the Best Spinning Mop?
Of all the spin mops available, the one I liked the most is the Mopnado Walkable Rolling Microfiber 360 Hurricane Spin Mop, though not the cheapest option, it gives you the best value for your money in my opinion.
The Mopnado - Walkable Deluxe Spin Mop is part of the new generation spin mops, that comes without a spinning pedal in the bucket. Now the spin mechanisim is in the handle, in order spin the mop all you need to do is lift the mop and press down, and it will spin really fast, straining easily.
Unique Features of the Mopnado Walkable Deluxe Spin Mop
Generally the Mopnado Walkable Deluxe Spin Mop scores on all the points that were important to me; durability, functionality, and design, so lets look more into this wonderful product.
- All the components are made of durable, high quality materiel. The drying spin basket, which takes the most strain is constructed of stainless steel for durability,
- The spin action is in the handle, not only is this easier to control one you get the hang of it, but it lasts longer and is easier to replace when it does wear out.
The spin action in the first generation spin mops was controlled by a pedal on the side of the bucket. To spin the mop you had to depress the pedal a couple or more times with your foot or hand. And while the pedal spinners work well, after a time the pedal mechanism does fail and depending on the model you will need replace the bucket or take out the spinning mechanism from the bucket and replace it.
- The large wheels and the retractable handle make it easy to move the bucket from one place to another. Considering you can have up to 45 quarts of water in it, this is helpful as it is quite a large bucket and can get pretty heavy. And it still has a handle for when you need to lift it or if you prefer to carry the bucket.
- A really nifty little extra is the built in cleaning solution dispenser at the mop bucket. You can fill that with whatever cleaning solution you want and replenish the bucket as needed, especially after changing the water. No need to lug any larger containers with your cleaning solution around the house, or worry about misplacing a small container.
Benefits of Using a Spin Mop
- You can rinse and wring standing upright without having to bend your back.
- No putting your hands in the dirty water when rinsing or wringing the mop.
- Mops are made of microfibre material that can absorb up to 10 times its own weight in liquid, so you can do a large area without having to go rinse out.
- Does not leave streaks on your floor.
- Gets into all the corners, similar to a street cleaner.
- Lays down so flat, you can easily get under furniture and appliances, also goes round things like the toilet bowl smoothly.
- Safe to use on hardwood floors or ceramic tiles as well as any hard surfaces.
- No drips, even when saturated with dirt, the mop does not drip dirty stuff all over your clean floor. To rinse just put into the water, spin and you have a clean mop to continue with you mopping. No shifting dirt from one section to another.
- Mop head is washable in a washing machine at least a few hundred times.
#1: Mopnado Review
If you would like to see the mop in action, and for some tips and even things that can be improved you should look at this review.
It is good to see the reviews initial impressions, as well as his impressions after moping up his place.
Conclusion: Guy says its good buy.
#2: Spin Mop Tips and Tricks by Mopnado
This second video, done by the makers of the mopnado, has a lot of great tips and tricks of how to use the mopnado to its best advantage.
The hints include tips that might seem small, but show the company wants the users of their product to have the best Spencerian possible.
Amazing how clean the mop can get after absorbing a whole 2 liter bottle of soda.
Other Popular Spin Mops Available Online
If you like the idea of having a spin mop, but find the Mopnado - Walkable Deluxe Spin Mop pricier than you like, some of the other popular models are featured below.
Spin & Go Pro Mop - 360 Degree Spinning Mop & Bucket w/ Spin Cycle Technology
An updated product from the original makers of the spin mop, they have also done away with the pedal spinner, and have the spinning action in the handle.
At under $50 it is definitely well worth looking into.
Twist and Shout Mop
This seems to be a great favorite with many. This one also has the spin action in the handle.
One con, be aware that before using the we function, you need to make sure the area is vacuumed well. Nice but, that factor did put me off.
Another good option, this one comes with the pedal spin still but works well in general.
Not really the same quality as the mopnado, the mop head does not spin and tends to shed, bu for under $40, it is pretty worth the money.
Remember the quality of this one is not the best, so don't expect it to last for very long, and some people have experienced some rusting after some constant use.