Best Vacuum Cleaner For Small Apartments
Best Vacuum For Small Apartments
When space is a priority the Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi Floor Cordless sure knows how to stay out of the way. It comes with a wall mounted docking station that automatically recharges ready for the next cleanup.
Small apartments are often packed tight with furniture and other household clutter so this is not the place for an upright vacuum cleaner or a canister that you have to drag around and get caught on chair legs and other obstructions. At the same time, less space means more activity in high traffic areas, and while cordless vacuum cleaners are ideal for the job, not all cleaners have the powerful suction required to get deep down dirt out of carpets and grit and dust off bare floors.
I happen to think cordless vacuum cleaners are the greatest thing since sliced bread so that's why I'm all in favor of this one.
Why The Dyson DC35 Digitial Slim Multi Floor Cordless Is Great For Small Apartments
One big reason has to be the compact style of this machine. No long hoses or lumpy canisters, and no cords to wind up and put away.
Then there's the all-purpose functionality of Dyson DC35 cordless, which means one tool for all the vacuuming jobs around the apartment.
Why The Dyson DC35 Is So Popular
Apart from the fact that this is an extremely compact machine it has many great features that make apartment living easier. Take the fact that it is excellent for all floor types. Most other cleaners need extra attachments to cope with different surfaces, but this one comes with a motorised floor tool that has ultra-fine filaments for removing dust from hard floor and stiff nylon bristles for removing dirt from carpets.
Here's a list of the good features of the Dyson DC 35.
- You need only one tool for different jobs: all floor types, upholstery, stairs and inside the car.
- Wall-mounted docking station keeps your vacuum cleaner neatly out of the way while recharging the battery.
- Extra light detachable wand can reach to just about anywhere in your apartment.
- Push-button technology lets you switch between high and maximum suction for concentrated cleaning tasks.
- No messy bags or dust encrusted filters. Everything you clean up gets sucked straight into the bin.
- The bin is transparent, letting you see when it's full and ready for emptying.
- Washable filters mean you don't have to spend money on replacements - or time chasing them up!
Accessories That Come With The Dyson DC35
This cordless vacuum cleaner is so versatile that it needs little in the way of accessories. However, it does come with the standard extras that are included with most hand-held vacuums.
- You get a crevice tool for detailed cleaning in tight spaces such as along skirting boards or under low furniture.
- And a combination brush/wide debris nozzle tool that is also perfect for cleaning upholstery and furniture.
Not included but well worth the extra investment...
A great accessory for those suffering with allergies is the Dyson Mattress Tool, specially designed for removing dust and dirt from mattresses and upholstered furniture. The tools has a wide head and is light and easy to use. Works with any Dyson model vacuum.
Stick Vacuums Are Also Great For Apartments
Stick vacuums are easy to use. Just push them around. No heavy canisters or long hoses and when the job is done they are easy to empty and store away. One of the most popular and economical is the Dirt Devil. It comes in different variations but the one I like is the Dirt Devil Vibe 3-in-1. It has a cord, so it's not quite as convenient as the Dyson DC35, but it has great features that make it a stand out top seller.
- A dirt cup that is quick and easy to empty.
- A brushroll that beats the carpet while it sucks the dirt.
- Good straight suction for hardwood floors.
- A detachable hand vac for quick pck ups.
- A detachable setailer for cleaning in tight spaces such as window ledges.
Dirt Devil Vibe 3-in-1
Very popular corded stick vacuum with washable filter.
For Those With More Space
Upright vacuum cleaners are designed for customers who really want to clean their carpets and bare floors deeply and thoroughly. I've compared the Hoover Platinum Upright Bagged UH30010COM with the Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Upright.