Blending A Two Types Of Different Gardens
Mediterranian And Tropical Garden
I have this dream of having my tropical garden in mediterranean where my family is now residing. Fortunately, we have enough space in projecting it into a reality.
I am continuousely working on it, and I can see that it's getting there each year. It gives me so much pleasure to do it. Simply a full on joy just by looking at it.
- In my garden there are enough roses varieties, most of the bulbs were imported from The Netherlands.
- This timeless beautiful blooms, originated more than 4000 years ago, growing in the fertaile land between the Tigris and Euphrates river in the middle east. And today roses come in many shape, sizes and colors.
- Apart from the roses, they are many more other flowers, they usualy give a vibrant colors and fragrant at the same time.
- Sunflower, everytime I look at them, they give me so much joy and happiness cause of their look of bold cheery flowers.
- Hibiscus, they have 200 soecies, and I have them on red, pink, orange and yellow. And I am always striving for bigger and and more spectacular blossoms.
- Birds of paradise flowers, bougainvillea flowers, frangipani, bonzai, lotus and some varieties of desert plan and cactus. oh and many more flowers that grow during our winter. Since winter by us is not so cold.
- So much satisfaction and beauty that those flowers on my garden give to our eyes and soul for my family. Reminding us how great and generous is our GOD.
- The key is simple in creating the mediterranean garden, having the right choices of plants. for example the Cypress trees, its easy to grow and doesnt suffer in dry conditions.
- Rosemary is another plant that is needed to be combined, it's useful and beautiful ornamental as well. On top of that you could add another types of herbs, like sage and margoran.
- Olive trees are a must I think, Its so beautiful and distinctive looks of mediterranen, apart the palms with its very striking looks.
- Creating a tropical garden in a cold climate is not an easy task, plants to be selected should be those that are suitable to its climate.
- Like bamboos, Hibiscus that are easy to grow and easily thrive in cooler weather, bird of paradise, hardy bananas, bougainvillea, ferns, yucca and the Japanese silver grass to put the last touch and colours of tropical.
- If you could build an artificial waterfall that goes directly to a fish pond that filled with varieties of koi fish, that would be the huge points that would make the true looks of your Tropical Garden.
Projecting The Beautiful Garden
- In having a Beautiful Garden, you could do it in a very attractive way, with its beautiful colorblends designs in a way to show all the possible with bulbs.
- If you have this spring garden in your home garden, this is a best way to attract birds, bees and any other wildlife.
- With a minimum of 200 bulbs of spring flowers you could create a beautiful Spring Garden to soothe your eyes.
- For me Roses, Bluebonnets, Flowering Cherry Trees and tulips are best choices. Most people would chose the Fragrant Flowers like the Pink Jasmine.
- You would need to plant the Low Maintenance Shrubs, as the bushes would just blooms immediately.
- Choice of plants that in that category are lavander, ficus, boxwood hedges, cypress and ferns.Eye catching Climbing Vines of leafy plants would be great right by the garden entrance.
- Some beautiful Potted Plants such as lavander and daisies near by the colorful Climbing Roses around the walls. not to miss the idea of having the long rows of lavender that gives its beautiful fragrance and colour.
- Before you proceed with the planting you need prepare your lawn, rake the lawn and remove all the winter debris and the dead growths. Once you do this, its going to bring air and light to the soil.
- And very much encouraging the grass to grow healthily. And you may sprinkle the grass seeds on the necessary areas. Make sure that the seeding is not on the risk of a high frost, always better to protect them by covering them.
- Spring Flower Pictures from a North Carolina Garden
Enjoy a collection of 25 spring flower pictures from a North Carolina garden. Includes butterflies and insects on azaleas, iris, roses, calla lilies and other spring blooms.
- Preparing Soil for a New Garden
How to go from no garden to new garden using simple methods and only hand tools.