Cleaning With Vinegar - An Inexpensive Natural All Purpose Cleaner!
Cleaning with Vinegar
Distilled white vinegar is gaining attention for its cleaning abilities as a natural household cleaner. Today there are so many cleaners out there that have toxins, chemicals, additives etc. causing a host of health problems.
If you are seeking a cleaner that is healthy, safe for your home, family and environment, it can be found right in your kitchen - "white vinegar" will be the one.
It is effective as those commercial cleaners, inexpensive, a natural deodorizer and disinfectant.
With that in mind, now let's take a good look at how effective white vinegar is and how to utilized it in almost every area of your home and not forgetting its Eco-Friendly as well.
Clean With Vinegar - Kitchen
- Pots and Pans - You can clean your pots and pans by soaking in 50/50 solution of vinegar and water to remove stubborn food stains. If you desire to polish your pans and pots just make a paste of white vinegar and baking soda.
- Tea Kettle - to remove water build up in kettle, just fill kettle with straight white vinegar let it sit for 40 to 45 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. Also to prevent limescale build up inside your kettle, simply full kettle with a 50/50 vinegar and water solution, bring it to a boil, leave it overnight then thoroughly rinse with water the following day.
- Remove Stains & Oxidation from Stainless steel and Copper cookware - combine 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and 2 teaspoons of table salt and clean with pot scrubber.
- Appliances and Counter tops - Damp a clean piece of cloth, sponge etc with straight vinegar and wipe your appliances and counter tops to disinfect and clean off dirt and grime.
- Get rid of grease on Oven doors and Windows - fill a spray bottle with straight white vinegar, then saturate the area and let it stand for 15 minutes, then wipe with a clean cloth.
- Remove stains on cups - to remove stubborn coffee or tea stains on your cups, combine 2 tablespoons salt or baking soda and 2 teaspoons of white distilled vinegar to make a paste.
- Coffee Maker - to clean your coffee maker, simply pour 1 to 2 cups of straight vinegar into the water reservoir and run it through 2 cycles. After that, run two cycles of plain water to rinse out.
- Microwave - clean your microwave by placing a microwave safe bowl with a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water, bring to a boil in the microwave and then wipe clean.
- Chopping and Breadboards - Wipe down with straight white vinegar to disinfect and destroy bacteria, leave to soak overnight then wash.
- Greasy Areas - Mix 2 cups of hot water with half cup white vinegar, take a sponge or rag and clean greasy areas.
- Dish Rags, Sponges etc. - Soak overnight in 1 quart hot water with 1/2 cup vinegar to deodorize and disinfect.
- Glass and China - Mix a 1/3 cup white vinegar with three cups of water and use your dish rags and clean, you'll be amaze to see the difference.
- Drains and Pipes - To prevent clogging and smelling, pour 1/2 cup baking soda into sink, then right after pour 1 cup of white vinegar. Let sit for two hours then flush with cold water.
- Garbage Disposal - Keep clean by grinding up frozen white vinegar ice cubes, once weekly, (80/20) vinegar-water solution to make cleansing ice cubes.
- Air Freshener - Mask kitchen odor by simmering a pot of water with 1/2 cup white vinegar. (optional) add 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder.
- Dishwasher - to deodorize and clean your dishwasher simply add a cup of white vinegar to a dish washing cycle.
- Get Rid of Fruit Flies - here's how to get rid of those flies - place a small dish with straight white vinegar where the fruit flies are hanging around.
- Keep Lids Clean - you can clean your lids of jars with straight vinegar to eliminate any buildup of food and preventing any molds from forming.
Vinegar Cleaning - Bathroom
- Shower, Tub and Sink - spray with 80/20 vinegar water mixture, let sit for 15 minutes then scrub and rinse.
- Shower Curtains - In washing machine add 2 cups white vinegar, once or twice a week spray with 50/50 vinegar - water solution to prevent mold.
- Chrome and Stainless Steel - Can be clean with straight white vinegar.
- Toilet Bowl - Pour 1 cup straight white vinegar in bowl, let sit for 2 hours or overnight, then brush and flush.
- Garbage Pail - Can be disinfect with 50/50 white vinegar and warm water, allow to sit for two hours or over night, then rinse.
Cleaning With Vinegar - Laundry Room
- New Clothes, Linens etc. - If you don't like the smell of manufacturing chemicals and new smell odors, add 1 to 2 cups white vinegar to first wash before using.
- Wash Tub and Hoses - You can remove any accumulation of soap deposit by running machine for a full cycle with a pint of white Vinegar.
- Clothes Last Rinse Cycle - To remove lint and static from your clothes add 1/2 cup white vinegar to the final rinse.
- Musky Smells - to get rid of odor and to freshen clean clothes, sprinkle straight white vinegar and press.
- Soften, Disinfect Fabric, Clothes and Diapers - you can add 1/3 cup of white vinegar to each laundry load.
- Fruit and Grass Stains - Apply straight white vinegar on stains, let sit for 24 hours, then wash.
Clean Vinegar - For Floors, Walls & Furniture
- Walls -This one I Love, works like magic! I have a two year old son and he loves to write, sometimes he write on the wall with pencil or crayons and boy or boy, used to be a problem, not any more. I would spray 50/50 solution on the wall and then with a rag or cloth I will rub the pencil or crayon mark and it will go. Also if you have any black marks on your walls, got tough stains and marks etc. Take fresh squeeze lime juice, dip your rag in it, then rub it gently on the stain/mark, then spray a little vinegar on the mark and rub it again and it will disappear! Repeat if needed.
- Shower Doors - Spray 50/50 vinegar-water solution, then wipe with squeegee.
- Floors - Sponge mop with 1 cup of white vinegar in a bucket of warm water. This mixture also removes dull residue left by most commercial toxic cleaners.
- Carpets - Light stains can be extracted by mixing two table spoons salt and half a cup white vinegar, rub paste into spot on carpet and allow to dry, then vacuum.
- Get Rid of Fleas In House - get a spray bottle, combine a mixture of 6 ounces water - 2 ounces of white vinegar, then spray rugs, carpet, floors or where ever you have fleas. This mixture will get rid of fleas, after 1 week or so you can repeat the same process to ensure you've destroy all the fleas.
- Vinyl Surface - wipe down with two table spoons liquid soap and half a cup white vinegar, rinse with water and then dry.
Outdoor Uses For Vinegar Cleaning
- Unwanted Grass & Weed - Pour straight vinegar on your weeds.
- Ants - Spray 50/50 vinegar and water on areas where ant invasions start and surrounding areas. Vinegar is a non-toxic pesticide.
- Flowers - If you wish to preserve your fresh cut flowers add 2 teaspoons white vinegar to 1 quart of warm water in vase, renew water ever two - three days.
- Cars and Car Windows - Keep frost free with coating solution of 50/50 white vinegar to water. Also dissolve old decals and chewing gum with straight white vinegar.
- Paint Brush - If you desire to soften your paint brush soak it in boiling white vinegar, also remember that Vinegar will absorb paint odors.
Other Uses Of Vinegar Cleaning
- Toys - Toys can be sanitized with a mixture of 50/50 vinegar and water.
- Eye Glasses - best eye glasses cleaner! Mix 50/50 vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Windows and Mirrors - Mix 50/50 vinegar and water in a spray bottle and clean.
- Get Rid of Urine Smell on Mattress - to deodorize and clean the urine scent from your mattress, all you do is mix 75% white vinegar and 25% water in a spray bottle. Spray the urine area of the mattress, then sprinkle baking soda and let it dry. After it dries vacuum the baking soda residue.
- Clean Pet fur and Get Rid of Fleas - to keep your pet fur clean, healthy looking, remove any foul odor, ticks and fleas, add vinegar to their bathing water, it will make their fur shine and help get rid of ticks and fleas. Do this regularly, also be careful around the eye area, vinegar can sting if it gets into the eyes.
- Clean Copper and Brass - to make a natural polish to clean brass and copper, combined equal parts of vinegar, table salt and white flower to make a paste then rub paste all over the copper or brass. After one hour or so rinse off the dried paste, and buff with a soft cloth until it shines.
- Clean Tile Grout - say good bye to old looking and discolored tiles. Spray grouts with straight vinegar, let sit for a couple minutes, then use a toothbrush and scrub gently until its clean.
Hope this article on cleaning with vinegar is useful for you.
Please feel free to leave me a comment and vote up this article by clicking the vote up button below, it will be highly appreciated.
Other Interesting Topics
- Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits - Miracle To Youthful L...
Staying healthy and helping others get healthy is something I enjoy doing. Just imagine seeing yourself living in a perfectly healthy body.
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss
Raw apple cider vinegar (ACV) has been used for centuries for its powerful health benefits, internal and external. Apple Cider Vinegar has so much more uses besides internal or external of the body, it can be...