The Many Uses of Dryer Sheets
Do you have any tough odors to combat? Dryer sheets can be used for many household deodorizing tasks. There are various scents available to try. Here are some ideas for odor removal:
- Deodorize shoes and slippers. Insert a dryer sheet into smelly footwear and let sit overnight.
- Use as a sachet. Place dryer sheets in linen closets, clothing drawers, gym bags, or your car.
- Preserve storage items. Anything that is being stored or infrequently used such as book boxes, suitcases, linens, et cetera.
- The most amazing use is the removal of tobacco smoke smells! If you quit smoking, purchased a car from a smoker, or acquired anything from a smoker then you can get rid of that smell. Use ample dryer sheets; then given enough time, the odor will go away.
Dryer sheet can also be used simple cleaning tasks, such as:
- Static, lint and dust removal. Wipe any surface: clothes, hair, television screens, monitors, blinds, shelves, and so on.
- Pet hair removal. Rub a dryer sheet over furniture, clothes, or carpets where dogs and cats have been sleeping.
Keep in mind not all dryer sheets are created equal. Most of these tasks require the filament type, not the foam style. Have a good smell day!