jump to last post 1-22 of 22 discussions (24 posts)

As an adult, do you live in the same town that you were born in?

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

As an adult, do you live in the same town that you were born in?

2. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

No, although I was born in California, I have lived in Europe and now in Brazil. My family are still in California but with the internet, it is so easy to communicate I don't feel I am a great distance away.

3. Grams Study profile image60
    Grams Studyposted 5 years ago

I have lived all over the lower part of the state mostly since my children left home

4. gail641 profile image67
    gail641posted 5 years ago

No, I use to live in a very small midwestern town in Iowa, it is a small farming community. There was not much for jobs there, so our family moved to a bigger town, which had more jobs. There wasn't a lot to do in the small town, but there is more to do where I live now.

5. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

Yes, I live in the same village I was born in. I was born in my Gran's house in the same village in 1962 and I still live here. Don't know if that's some kind of record or not! But I love it! Also, although rural, we're not that far from the big towns and quite near to Edinburgh, so i think I've got the best of both worlds.

6. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How did you get away with a one word answer? If I try to do that it says my answer is too short.

7. wetnosedogs profile image59
    wetnosedogsposted 5 years ago

No, I went from the north of the U.S. to the south. Don't miss the winters.

8. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 5 years ago

Nope, I was born on the east coast and lived there awhile but I've lived most of my life in the midwest.

9. Sinea Pies profile image78
    Sinea Piesposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do. I left the state for college but did return, married here and live here.

10. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

My family moved when I was 14. It wasn't far away from our original home, but I had to change schools so it seemed like a big move to me. When I was 18 I moved farther away to pursue my career and ever since then I've moved, on an average, every few years. My husband and I have lived in Peru for the past 15 years, so we're far away from "home".

11. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes. I actually wrote a hub about it. Life in My Hometown "The Birthplace of Country Music".

12. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I have lived in so many different places that I don't even remember the place where I was born. I father's job moved us around, and now my husband's job is taking us places!

13. tmbridgeland profile image82
    tmbridgelandposted 5 years ago

I didn't grow up in a town, but out in the country. Now I live 6 miles from my childhood home, in a small town. To get here though I lived in three different countries over 17 years.

14. KangaYankeeDoo profile image79
    KangaYankeeDooposted 5 years ago

No, but I try to go back and visit as much as possible. One shou;d never forget where they come from.

1. Laura Schneider profile image92
      Laura Schneiderposted 5 years agoin reply to this

One should never forget where they came from, but visiting the place might not be safe or necessary for some cases: memories can take us there fairly effectively.

15. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

No, left after college and have lived in a number of other towns and cities and a handful of other states.

16. Angela Blair profile image81
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

No, but I live in the same county I was born in and about 20 miles from my birthplace -- Kopperl, Bosque County, Texas. It's amazing how one's life works out -- I never intended to return to this area but came home to care for my widowed mother and when she passed away just stayed. It's proved to be a delightful place to enjoy my dotage, as it were, and I'm living proof that "yes, one can go home again." Good question!

17. KellyPittman profile image80
    KellyPittmanposted 5 years ago

When I was 18 I left my hometown in Louisiana to move to Tennessee with my future husband.  We ended up moving back home to be closer to family.  Though neither of us live in the same small towns we grew up in, we do live within driving distance.

18. mattodom profile image61
    mattodomposted 5 years ago

I live about twenty minutes from where I was born!

19. teyeger82 profile image77
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

I live in the same town I was born in although I have moved away and returned several times. After all, there's no place like home!

20. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Nope, I have moved many, many times. I was born in Louisiana, have lived in various parts of California since I was 10.

21. profile image0
    Debbie Dallasposted 5 years ago

No 3 he's away but I miss it lOts!  U miss all the familiar faces and places.... Your friends and family... Someone to hang out with all the time and WHENEVER!! IT'S THE PLACE WHERE--- EVERYBODY KNOWs UR NAMEEE!!

22. pennyplf profile image56
    pennyplfposted 5 years ago

no , I lived far from my town ,I want to go back ,so homesick