As an adult, do you live in the same town that you were born in?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (24 posts)
  1. nmdonders profile image71
    nmdondersposted 11 years ago

As an adult, do you live in the same town that you were born in?

2. Blond Logic profile image92
    Blond Logicposted 11 years ago

No, although I was born in California, I have lived in Europe and now in Brazil. My family are still in California but with the internet, it is so easy to communicate I don't feel I am a great distance away.

3. Grams Study profile image59
    Grams Studyposted 11 years ago

I have lived all over the lower part of the state mostly since my children left home

4. gail641 profile image67
    gail641posted 11 years ago

No, I use to live in a very small midwestern town in Iowa, it is a small farming community. There was not much for jobs there, so our family moved to a bigger town, which had more jobs. There wasn't a lot to do in the small town, but there is more to do where I live now.

5. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 11 years ago

Yes, I live in the same village I was born in. I was born in my Gran's house in the same village in 1962 and I still live here. Don't know if that's some kind of record or not! But I love it! Also, although rural, we're not that far from the big towns and quite near to Edinburgh, so i think I've got the best of both worlds.

6. MickS profile image60
    MickSposted 11 years ago

No.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How did you get away with a one word answer? If I try to do that it says my answer is too short.

7. wetnosedogs profile image59
    wetnosedogsposted 11 years ago

No, I went from the north of the U.S. to the south. Don't miss the winters.

8. Laura Schneider profile image84
    Laura Schneiderposted 11 years ago

Nope, I was born on the east coast and lived there awhile but I've lived most of my life in the midwest.

9. Sinea Pies profile image62
    Sinea Piesposted 11 years ago

Yes, I do. I left the state for college but did return, married here and live here.

10. vespawoolf profile image92
    vespawoolfposted 11 years ago

My family moved when I was 14. It wasn't far away from our original home, but I had to change schools so it seemed like a big move to me. When I was 18 I moved farther away to pursue my career and ever since then I've moved, on an average, every few years. My husband and I have lived in Peru for the past 15 years, so we're far away from "home".

11. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes. I actually wrote a hub about it. Life in My Hometown "The Birthplace of Country Music".

12. LaThing profile image60
    LaThingposted 11 years ago

I have lived in so many different places that I don't even remember the place where I was born. I father's job moved us around, and now my husband's job is taking us places!

13. tmbridgeland profile image81
    tmbridgelandposted 11 years ago

I didn't grow up in a town, but out in the country. Now I live 6 miles from my childhood home, in a small town. To get here though I lived in three different countries over 17 years.

14. KangaYankeeDoo profile image60
    KangaYankeeDooposted 11 years ago

No, but I try to go back and visit as much as possible. One shou;d never forget where they come from.

1. Laura Schneider profile image84
      Laura Schneiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One should never forget where they came from, but visiting the place might not be safe or necessary for some cases: memories can take us there fairly effectively.

15. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 11 years ago

No, left after college and have lived in a number of other towns and cities and a handful of other states.

16. Angela Blair profile image69
    Angela Blairposted 11 years ago

No, but I live in the same county I was born in and about 20 miles from my birthplace -- Kopperl, Bosque County, Texas. It's amazing how one's life works out -- I never intended to return to this area but came home to care for my widowed mother and when she passed away just stayed. It's proved to be a delightful place to enjoy my dotage, as it were, and I'm living proof that "yes, one can go home again." Good question!

17. KellyPittman profile image78
    KellyPittmanposted 11 years ago

When I was 18 I left my hometown in Louisiana to move to Tennessee with my future husband.  We ended up moving back home to be closer to family.  Though neither of us live in the same small towns we grew up in, we do live within driving distance.

18. mattodom profile image60
    mattodomposted 11 years ago

I live about twenty minutes from where I was born!

19. teyeger82 profile image64
    teyeger82posted 11 years ago

I live in the same town I was born in although I have moved away and returned several times. After all, there's no place like home!

20. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

Nope, I have moved many, many times. I was born in Louisiana, have lived in various parts of California since I was 10.

21. profile image0
    Debbie Dallasposted 11 years ago

No 3 he's away but I miss it lOts!  U miss all the familiar faces and places.... Your friends and family... Someone to hang out with all the time and WHENEVER!! IT'S THE PLACE WHERE--- EVERYBODY KNOWs UR NAMEEE!!

22. pennyplf profile image60
    pennyplfposted 11 years ago

no , I lived far from my town ,I want to go back ,so homesick

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)