Have you taken a big risk to follow a dream?

1. LookNoHands profile image86
    LookNoHandsposted 5 years ago

Have you taken a big risk to follow a dream?

Have you taken a big risk to follow a dream? What was the risk and what was your dream?  Prompted by J. Alfred Prufrock, I must ask- Was it worth it after all?

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

My dreams are, I'd say, "modest sized", so they're not big (like wanting to go into Space or anything like that).  Still, yes, I have had many "dreams" and almost always have had to take a substantial risk to go after them.  I've had times when I've gotten what I went after (and it's been more than well worth it).  I've had a lot of times when I've pretty much gone down in flames -but it was still worth it.  (The thing that amazes me is that I can go down in flames over and over again, and still not learn to stop taking those risks when they present themselves.  ("Live and never learn", as they say). However, having said that, I generally won't take physical risks unless there's little choice.  "Flames" I can live with.  Being killed I, of course, cannot.  No "dream" , to me, is worth risking my life (hence, the absence of a wish to do something like go into Space).

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

I am more or less like Lisa HW, thus I would say that since my greatest dream was to have a family, the biggest risk was to marry. You see, you really don't know your partner unless you've lived with him/her under 'spouse' conditions. Luckily for me, I was more than lucky. I do believe I hit the jackpot. My second biggest dream was to write and being here is my quantum step towards making that come true. How about you?

working