jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What garden goals or plans do you have for your garden this spring?

1. Patsybell profile image89
    Patsybellposted 5 years ago

What garden goals or plans do you have for your garden this spring?

Will you be growing more vegetables? Dedicating more space to gardening or adding containers?

2. KDeus profile image96
    KDeusposted 5 years ago

Last summer we converted our traditional garden to a square foot garden and loved it. My goal for this year is to finish the last few boxes and get the seedlings started sooner. We have good temps to have year-round gardening here, but I never got the fall/winter garden set up. Looking forward to it even though most peppers are still growing from the spring crop!

3. renegadetory profile image98
    renegadetoryposted 5 years ago

I am going to attempt container gardening in my small backyard.  We only rent our townhouse, so digging a garden wouldn't make sense.  I'm not entirely sure what I want to grow, probably tomatoes, peas, strawberries, some kind of lettuce and perhaps peppers.  I can't wait for spring :-)

4. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

We just bought our dream property of 3 acres this July. My husband and I are super excited to begin work on the floral gardens as well as beginning our vegetable garden.

The couple who owned it before us did a fantastic job of planting trees and flower beds, but her husband became ill and for two years she cared for him. So it's more we had to cleanup and refresh, but we can't wait to put our own spin on it.

We have had vegetable gardens before but they were smaller, like 10*8 plots. We will be starting out with a 15*28 plot and I'm super excited to see what all we can grow. We have also started container gardening in the all seasons sun room. I should have tomatoes by february or early march.

5. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago

We will be dismantling two large raised beds and making new ones that are smaller.  The wood that we used was already old and now they are falling apart.  I am not sure if we will be planting things that the bugs and deer get before we do, but there will be something in those new raised beds.