Glass storage jars and storage containers
If you're looking for a practical way to manage your kitchen's storage space while still maintaining the overall aesthetics, then you've probably already considered the wonderful functionality of glass storage jars.
Glass storage containers provide a practical way to store many different varieties of food, and they also help you manage things like counter top space and cupboard space.
Glass is a time-honored material for constructing storage containers, but it certainly isn't the only substance that can be used. In this day and age of synthetic material construction, and also a conscious effort by many to move in a 'Green' direction, there are literally dozens of other things that storage containers can be made out of.
So what are all these other materials, and why would glass still be considered a viable option for container design? To answer the first part of that question; Plastics, polycarbonates, aluminum tins, copper, stainless steel, wicker, etc. To answer the second part; Well, glass may not be a viable option, depending on your own personal stance. Personally, I like the look and feel of glass products, but the thought of having somebody shatter one of those containers on my kitchen floor certainly doesn't sound all that appealing.
Glass storage jars at Amazon.com
An itemized listing of alternate materials for glass storage jars with lids will now be presented:
- Glass - This isn't an alternate material, this is the primary material. Glass is sturdy unless dropped, beautiful unless dropped and durable unless dropped; In short, don't drop it, and all will be right with your world
- Plastics - Plastics have revolutionized the world we live in. Plastics have made it possible for man to journey to the moon for God's sake, so yes... Plastics rule. But plastics have a life-span of millions of years +/- , depending upon the material (don't quote me on that), so they certainly wouldn't be considered eco-friendly by even the most liberal of definitions
- Poly-carbonates - Usually found in the form of polycarbonate roofing panels, this material would also make a legitimate storage vessel for your home furnishing needs. Polycarbonates are simply another form of plastics, but since I've devoted an entire Hub to the subject, I get to shamelessly plug that Hub wherever I see fit
- Tupperware - If you haven't been to a Tupperware party lately then join the crowd; Tupperware's hey-day came and went back in the late 70's- early 80's. It's still a viable solution for your storage needs, but I wouldn't even know where to go to get some of these antiquated thingamabobs. Perhaps a trip through the Google archives would be in order
- Wicker - Wicker baskets are essential I believe to successful storage strategy in the kitchen. I'd be lost without them, but I wouldn't make this option an exclusive one. They're great to have around, but only in a complementary capacity (Try storing your elbow macaroni in wicker and let me know how that works out for ya). They also help accentuate your glass storage pieces, but that's opinion not fact. In fact, this entire Hub is opinion and not fact. The one truly great thing about becoming published and making $$$ with Hubpages is that I have an arena to publish my innermost thoughts and ideas
- Stainless Steel - Stainless steel has become an industry standard when equipping a kitchen, especially in the restaurant universe. So, it would only stand to reason that storage containers could also be made of this durable, long-lasting material. Price is always an issue, once you start considering high-end materials like stainless steel
- Anything you see fit - The sky's the limit when it comes to creating stuff for your kitchen, so play around with it for a bit, see what you come up with. Perhaps pottery or porcelain is your thing. Roll with it, have some fun!
Jars for your kitchen come in all shapes and sizes. Large glass storage jars can be used to store staple items such as flour, sugar, cornmeal, etc. Small glass storage jars can be used to store little batches of cookies or brownies.But when it comes to really storing bulk items in your kitchen, then a glass storage jar can be your best friend.
Whichever direction you decide to go with your kitchen design needs, glass storage jars and containers will undoubtedly cross your path along the way. Embrace the journey and the results will inevitably suit you just fine...
What is your preferred material for your kitchen storage containers?
chocolate chip cookies
Do you like cookies? I love cookies. I mean, I LOVE COOKIES! It can't be understated, so logically I went searching for the ultimate cookie recipe on the internet.
Lalanne Power Juicer Elite
When it comes to combining healthy choices and kitchen gadgets, then nothing compares to the attention and reputation of Jack Lalanne's Power Juicer.
a Potato Chipper for Homemade Fries
Have you ever wondered what it really takes to make french fried potatoes right in the comfort of your own home?
sweet potato recipes
Ya know, I firmly believe that the lowly sweet potato doesn't get nearly the love it deserves. That may sound a bit drastic, but the sweet potato has been playing second-fiddle to the mighty potato for far too long.
Counter Stools for your home
Choosing the right kitchen bar stools or counter stools for your kitchen, dining area, or breakfast nook can make all the difference when it comes to adding elegance to your humble abode
- Soda siphons add a
touch of novelty
The soda syphon, also known by the name seltzer bottle or syphon seltzer bottle, is a device used for dispensing soda water into a cup, glass or other vessel.
Plastic martini glasses?! The very mention of such a vessel probably sends shivers down the spines of every martini snob this side of the moon...
- Black chandeliers
Black chandeliers offer elegant and affordable lighting solutions for homeowners
- Tortilla de Patatas Recipe
For the regular tourist, Spain is famous for its wonderful beaches, flamenco shows, corridas de toros (bull fights), night life, wild parties, passionate romance, good wine and excellent food.