Hoover F5914-900 Steamvac
Is the Hoover F5914-900 Worth Buying?
Is it worth buying the Hoover F5914-900 SteamVac Cleaner? The answer is a resounding "YES" once you learn about its features and benefits. There are so many great consumer reviews out there about this particular Hoover carpet cleaner. No wonder it is ranked #1 on Amazon's Best Carpet Steam Cleaners!
If you want to save money on professional carpet cleaning, do it yourself with the amazing and economical Hoover F5914-900. There is no need for you to feel embarrassed anymore about the state of your carpet when you invite your friends over to your place.
Description of Hoover F5914-900
You can't do without this powerful Hoover F5914-900 if you want to keep rugs, upholstery and bare floors (other than hardwoods) clean and fresh-looking.
Its powerful 12-amp motor together with the 5 turning brushes that operate at either high or low speed can efficiently remove dirt and grime from carpets. A simple pull on the trigger located in its upright handle, releases the cleaning solution and hot tap water onto the area to be cleaned. To get rid of tough stains or spots, this carpet cleaner is equipped with a Clean Surge button. By pressing the button, the SteamVac gives an extra burst of cleaning solution for these troubled areas. Once you are done with the cleaning, just release the trigger and this wonderful Hoover F5914-900 forces hot air into the cleaning path so you can run over the stained area with a few dry strokes. It doesn't really take that long for the carpet to dry.
The F5914-900 has 2 separate water tanks. The upper tank holds the detergent and one gallon of hot water and mixes the two automatically without using your hands. The lower tank holds the dirty solution picked up from the carpet. The tank unlatches easily so you can pour out the dirty water into a sink without spilling.
The long 8-foot hose and a special nozzle that scrubs out stains are particularly useful for cleaning stairs or upholstery. The SpinScrub powered hand tool is also ideal for cleaning hard-to-reach areas, stairs and upholstery.
The Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 also comes with a full one-year warranty.
Preparing To Clean
Prepare the carpet to be cleaned by vacuuming thoroughly and pre-treat spots and heavy traffic areas of the carpet with some Spot and Stain Spray Cleaner.
If necessary, move furniture out of area to be cleaned. If the furniture is too heavy to move, place aluminum foil or wax paper under legs to prevent wood finishes from staining carpet. Keep furniture skirts and draperies away from the floor by pinning them up.
How To Operate the Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge F5914-900
Watch the video on how to operate the Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge F5914-900. It's really easy to use and operate.
Pros of the F5914-900
- The Hoover F5914900 is easy to use and neither too big nor bulky. The good suction power of this Hoover SteamVac leaves carpet much drier and cleaner than other carpet cleaners. It works very well and in the long run, the price of the F5914900 is cheaper than hiring a carpet cleaning professional. On top of that, you own your equipment and you can afford to clean more often and whenever you feel like it.
- The rotary brushes do a good job of scrubbing and replacement parts are not expensive. In fact the rotating brushes cut the work time by half compared to non-rotating ones. The brushes are pretty easy to clean even with pet hair around them.
- The Clean Surge feature is an extra bonus if you are looking for a solution to get rid of stubborn stains in your carpet.
- Besides cleaning carpet, this machine has a SpinScrub hand tool that is great for cleaning upholstery and stairs.
- After use, the unit stores easily and does not take up too much space.
Cons of the F5914-900
- It is louder than other carpet cleaning machines but it works harder too.
- The water tank has to be put back exactly right or it will leak. This is not a problem once you get used to putting it back correctly although it does take some practice.
- The water tank should be bigger so it can hold more than a gallon of water. But it if were to be bigger, it might be harder to push the SteamVac around.
- The pedals are made of plastic so you need to go easy on them.
Best Rated Cleaning Solution
The is a 50-ounce container of carpet-and-upholstery detergent approved by the Carpet & Rug Institute. It has a fresh linen scent meant for use with all deep cleaning machines. It is effective on grass stains, blood, vomit, pet accidents and more. Hoover Platinum Collection Pet Plus Carpet-and-Upholstery Detergent
Customer Feedback on F5914900
This carpet cleaner did a better job than the professionals and I'm saving tons of money!
I use oxy clean in the machine because it removed all of the carpet stains and made carpet look new.
It works very well and cleans up a lot of dirt. Carpet is just slightly damp when you're done.
Nice unit for the price!
Better than I expected
Tell us about your experience using the F5914-900 Hoover SteamVac and whether it lives up to your expectations.