Compare Hoover Platinum UH30010COM vs Dyson
Compare Hoover Platinum UH30010COM vs Dyson
Upright vacuum cleaners are designed for customers who really want to clean their carpets and bare floors deeply and thoroughly. I've compared the Hoover Platinum Upright Bagged UH30010COM with the Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Upright because these are my two top choices in this market.
Both have really great features and use advanced technology to get floors clean without strain on your back caused by the pushing and dragging action of most uprights. Dyson solves this problem by introducing a ball action that allows the machine to swivel as you clean around obstacles. Hoover has made their machine super lightweight - only 12 pounds - and added a canister cleaner with a back strap at no extra cost.
One very important difference with these two products is the way dirt is stored and removed from the vacuum cleaner. If dust allergies are a problem in your home you will need to consider whether it's best to buy a machine that comes with a removable bag or one that stores the dust internally and then provides a safe way of disposal.These and other important features of the two products are discussed below.
Features of the Hoover Platinum Upright Bagged UH30010COM
Here's a list of the best features of the Hoover UH30010COM
- Very Lightweight. Can be easily lifted upstairs.with the stair cleaning handle.
- Strong suction is great at removing deep down dirt from carpets.
- Very good on bare floors.
- Great for animal lovers.! Picks up all that loose dog and cat hair.
- Good for those with asthma or other respiratory illnesses. Cleans dust particles form the air.
- Self-sealing dirt bag prevents dust escaping and lets you know when it's full.
- Suction control lets you adjust for curtains and soft furnishings.
- Furniture bumper guard to stop scuff marks on walls and furniture.
- 35 foot long electric power cord.
Hoover Platinum Upright Bagged UH30010COM
You get a lot of great features for the price with this Hoover model. Use the upright for deep cleaning and the canister for those hard-to-reach areas in the house. The upright is extra light and won't stress your back.
Features Of The Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Here's a list of the best features of the Dyson DC25
- Light and easy to twist and turn with the Dyson ball technology.
- Suction is excellent and this one doesn't clog up as easily as other vacuums.
- No bags to buy! Internal dirt bin empties easily and cleanly with the push of a button.
- Washable dust filters. Another great cost saving feature.
- Good telescopic wand extension for hard to reach areas - 15.4 ft.
- Brush bar that can be turned off to protect delicate rugs or bare floors.
- Very good at removing pet hair from carpets.
- Certified asthma friendly.
Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum sits on a ball and can be swivelled around without strain on your back. It can be used for all floor types and has strong brushing action for carpets.
Features Shared By These Two Uprights
Upright vacuum cleaners have come a long way since the ugly models of the past. Machines are now lighter, cleaner and definitely prettier. These two featured uprights are similar in many important ways.
- Light - both these uprights have been designed to take the strain off your back when using the back and forwards cleaning motion.
- Suction - both have strong suction that gets deep dirt out of carpets.
- All floors - both are great at switching from carpet to bare floors or rugs with no extra effort or attachments.
- Asthma friendly - both machines have been certified asthma friendly.
But No Two Products Are Exactly The Same
Now let's look at the different features of these two uprights.
- Bag or bagless - It's important to decide which you prefer. Bags are simple to throw away but they are expensive to replace. If you are happy to use a machine with a dirt bin the Dyson stands out with push button controls and washable filters.
- Canister option - This only comes with the Hoover UH30010COM.
- Maneuverability - Dyson's ball technology makes twisting and turning easier.
- Style - Both machines are very different in appearance. Hoover has more of a traditional look and feel. Dyson D25 is a great example of modern design and functionality.
- Price - The Hoover UH30010COM is much cheaper and great value for the price.
Removing Stains from Carpet - Animal lovers take note of this neat carpet cleaning tip!
Should You Buy Hoover UH30010COM or Dyson DC25 Ball
Vacuum cleaners come in all shapes and sizes and there's a definite variation in prices. Picking the exact model for your home will take some dedicated research and I hope the information listed above has helped. If you got this far you will have already decided to go for an upright vacuum cleaner rather than one of the canister, cordless or robotic varieties.
So what do you need to know? You need to make decisions about the types of floors you have, are they mostly carpeted areas or bare floors with rugs? Do you need to vacuum stairs? Are you limited on price? Do you prefer bagged or bagless machines?
The models featured above work well on both carpet and bare floors. Both have excellent suction. Both are easy on your back - Hoover with its super lightweight construction and Dyson with the amazing ball technology.
There is a great variation in price, however. Hoover is much cheaper and as it comes with a separate canister cleaner there's no need to buy extra attachments. But you will have ongoing costs with replacing bags.
Once again, if price is not a problem and you want modern technology and styling then Dyson is a great buy.
When Space Is Limited
- Best Vacuum Cleaner For Small Apartments
When space is a priority the Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi Floor Cordless sure knows how to stay out of the way.