Houseplant Appreciation Day
We Love Our Houseplants!
You can grow a garden indoors as well as outdoors. Growing plants outdoors in the yard or in a flower garden can be fun and challenging. However, not everyone has access to a large gardening area where they can grow all sorts of plants and flowers. Some people may have access to a large garden plot but, they love plants so well that they bring their love of growing plants inside the house so, they can enjoy them even when they are not outside in the garden. Others only have the option of growing houseplants inside their home or apartment or even in an office setting.
Regardless of the reason, some people will bring their gardening efforts indoors with them. Keeping houseplants can be such fun and very rewarding as well. This is just one reason why January 10 is Houseplant Appreciation Day each and every year. So, come along and learn more about Houseplant Appreciation Day and how to care for houseplants.
A special thank you to Morguefile for photo use.
Awesome Houseplants - ...for Houseplant Appreciation Day...
If you are searching for some easy to grow houseplants that you can love for Houseplant Appreciation Day, you can find them right here!
My Favorite Type of Houseplant - ...Philodendron...
Some of my most favorite types of houseplants are Philodendrons. They are available in various styles and colors; however, they are some of the easiest of houseplants you can grow as long as they have the right amount of light and water. If you haven't already tried growing a Philodendron, you might like to try growing this Lemon Lime Vining Philodendron...
This will make a lovely Houseplant Appreciation Day houseplant!
Amazon Product Description:
"The Lemon-Lime Vining Philodendron is a new twist on an old, reliable houseplant. Lustrous, multi-hued leaves are the garment of choice for this regal lady. As with most philodendron this one demands little attention, but brings much joy with her foliar finery."
How to Celebrate Houseplant Appreciation Day
...a few ideas of how to celebrate Houseplant Appreciation Day...
A while back some garden enthusiasts decided that after the busy holidays that many people themselves included had perhaps ignored their lovely houseplants, while attending to the holidays celebrations. They noticed their houseplants were lacking in the loving attention they needed during the winter holiday season. Then, they decided that January 10 is Houseplant Appreciation Day. You can read more about it here.
Some of the ways you can celebrate Houseplant Appreciation Day include:
- Pay attention to the needs of your houseplants and give them proper houseplant care according to their needs and requirements.
- Water your houseplants accordingly.
- Fertilize your houseplants according to their needs.
- Learn more about the benefits of growing houseplants.
- Spend some time with your houseplants, while relaxing, soaking up their good vibrations and clean air.
- Talk to your houseplants. Let them know how lovely they are and how much they mean to you.
- If you have children, teach the kids more about houseplants. Allow them to grow houseplants too.
- January 10 is a great day to go shopping for new houseplants.
- Buy houseplants for yourself, your kids or for some of your best friends and neighbors. Houseplants can make lots of people happy.
- Enjoy your houseplants during Houseplant Appreciation Day and every other day
Grow some houseplants today!
Learn more about houseplants by watching videos
Your Favorite type of Houseplant
I'm like many other people, I love to grow houseplants. I love all sorts of different houseplants, especially easy to grow houseplants. However, there are so many lovely houseplants that it is difficult to choose just one type of houseplant to grow.
So, like many others I enjoy growing all sorts of plants indoors and outdoors, while container gardening.
- Rare and Unique House Plants
House plants can be a wonderful addition to any room in your house. They bring color and texture and fragrance and they clean the air. They bring a part of nature into your home, and can be a wonderful addition to your decor. There are many unique...
- Houseplants and Their Benefits
Follow these easy gardening tips to find out more about indoor houseplants that are not only beautiful, but offer health benefits!
- The Best House Plants for Busy People
Whether you lack a greenthumb, or just need hardy plants to suit your busy lifestyles, these hardy houseplants survive neglect and/or abuse.
- 12 Houseplants for Low Light Conditions
All plants need some light. Houseplants that will thrive in low light conditions still need some sunlight for photosynthesis. Here are 12 houseplants that will grow in low or indirect light.
- Five Best Houseplants for Low-Light Areas
Nothing brightens and softens up a room like a thriving green plant. While some people have a natural knack for keeping plants alive, it's not always that easy for everyone else. One of the biggest problems with indoor houseplants, is finding the rig
- Top 10 Flowering Ornamental House Plants
Presenting a selection of top 10 flowering ornamental house plants that adds beauty to your home.
- Flowering House Plants for Low Light Areas
An overview of two flowering house plants that grow well in low light conditions.
- Ornamental houseplants that are easy to grow
Ornamental houseplants can add color and interest to your garden. Here are some hardy plants that are easy to grow.
- Bringing Houseplants In for the Winter - 10 Tips for Preparing House Plants for Healthy Winter Livin
Despite our best efforts, most houseplants transitioning from the outdoors to the indoors will show, to some degree, signs of stress. Here are 10 tips for making that transition as stress-free as possible.
- Non-Toxic House Plants For Children, Cats, and Dogs
Plant related poisonings are the the third leading cause of illness and death in children, and responsible for thousands of pet emergencies each year.
- Easiest House Plants to Maintain: Indoor Houseplants
Indoor houseplants can be difficult if you choose incorrectly. Some of the easiest house plants to maintain include cast iron plant, jade plant, rubber tree and more. Learn how to keep them thriving..
- 12 Hard-To-Kill House Plants for Light Rooms, Shady Rooms and Everything In Between
Have a black thumb but still want to keep house plants? Learn what plants thrive best in different kinds of rooms.
- Best Selling Houseplants and Indoor Gardening Books
If you're anything like me you'll want to have a stack of reference books with pictures and growing guides for a whole host of houseplants. The very best of the best selling books for indoor gardening show us what we need to know when we garner new h
- Twelve Poisonous House Plants and Their Health Effects
It's enjoyable to have plants in a home, but some house plants are poisonous. These need to be treated carefully and kept away from children and pets.
- Ten Toxic House-plants to Avoid Around Children and Pets
Introduction to 10 common houseplants that can be toxic to your children and pets. House plants are lovely and healthy, but please use with caution!
- Houseplants - A Gallery of Succulents and How to Grow Them
Succulents are easy to find easy to grow houseplants known for their unique structure, interesting color and the fact that they can go for long periods of time without water.