Indoor Water Garden
Indoor fresh water garden
Share your feelings
Do you have indoor water garden?
Indoor Fresh Water Gardening
If your space is limited or you live in an apartment or just don't like to make a mess with soil, try growing your garden in water. Small freshwater gardens are fun to create and simple to care for. A water garden inside is a garden that is grown in water, such as an aquarium.
What we need?
Variety of suitable plants is available in market place. Many interesting and unusual containers may allow you for flexibility of plant arrangements. We need an apothecary jar or a sleek glass or any kind of nice, clear glass container. Glass comes with different style and sizes. It is purely decorative and can be played with the support of common interest in aquariums for underwater scenes.
- Fully aquatic plants: It completely submerged into water. such as anubias and parrot's feather (Myriophyllum)
- Semi-aquatic plants: Part of it must have their leaves above the water. Semiaquatics, such as sweet flag (Acorus americanus) and umbrella palm (Cyperus papyrus)
Some other name of under water tree is
- Water lettuce
- Parrot's feather
- Water hyacinth
- Floating liverwort (aka Crystalwort)
- Dwarf arrowhead
- Parrot's feather,
Keep in mind that some plants will need twelve hours or more of bright light daily. Although varying in the types of plants Place these under light or near to window.
Growing medium may be needed for some plant. Gravel or small pebbles hold down the roots of your plants.
Before adding ordinary tap water spread the substrate in the bottom of the water garden.
Leave the water in an open container for at least one day for chemicals evaporate.
With half full of water garden plants, place directly in the gravel. Ensure that their crowns are not covered, which will hurt growth. Marginal crowns should be slightly above the water surface when the container is full.
- They're very easy to look after.
- After one month put fertilizer tablets into water jar garden. You can get it available in shop.
- Prepare a dilute water and fertilizer solution using a water-soluble fertilizer at one-fourth the recommended rate
- Cut off any dead or decayed material.
- If the water becomes murky or algae persist, be patient; and use required product or medicine, such as Pond Saver.
- Every four to six weeks, replace the nutrient solution.
- Don’t use soap or shampoo or any kind of clinger to clean the glass because it makes difficult for a plant to breathe underwater.
- It needs only regular water changes, regular indicates once a week.
As a hobby
Just like adopting puppy or kitten, indoor gardening can also become a hobby for you. Plant has their own life and you can see that your plant getting older day by day and by this you feel more close to your small fresh water garden.
Small fresh water gardens plants growth will be slow and plants will remain attractive for a long time. Planting is good for environment too. And you also feel a positive wave from nature when you make this kind of thing. So readers that’s all. I was planning for a long time to make an indoor fresh water garden myself. But before doing so I made a research and share this. It helps me a lot and hopes it helps you too.
As a hobby
Can water gardening become someones as a hobby?
make your life green
- green living
make your home green