Infrared Home Heaters
Considering Infrared Home Heat?
If you've been searching for a supplement to your home heating system then you may have come across infrared heat as an option. Maybe you'd like to find an alternative home heat source to save on monthly utility bills for electric or gas heat.
Learn here why infrared home heaters might be your best bet. Here you will find information about how infrared heat is different and also some infrared heater reviews.
What is infrared heat?
The Earth is heated by infrared rays from the Sun, and in a similar way your home can be heated by an infrared heater. An infrared heater emits infrared rays that are easily absorbed by the items in your home.
Infrared transfers heat energy with electromagnetic radiation. You can learn more about this in the video below. Infrared produces heat by heating water molecules in the air. That's why the heat feels moist and usually feels very even from wall to wall and ceiling to floor, with no cool air pockets.
So this moist heat then actually warms everything in the room - including furniture, drapes, humans and animals. The infrared heat rays will gently increase the temperature of every object in that space, not just the air temperature. The warmed furniture in a room does help retain heat longer than other methods.
image above: amazon (link below)
POLL: Lifesmart Infrared Heater Preference
Do you prefer a particular model in a LifeSmart infrared heater??
Benefits of Infrared Heaters
- Infrared heaters are quite safe to use. They emit a gentle heat. Animals and young children can touch the surface of an infrared heater without being burned.
- They also have quick heat recovery when turned on after a period of being off.
- Infrared heaters are safe for the environment. With no carbon combustion, infrared heaters are environmentally friendly.
- Energy efficient to the MAX! In house testing results showed Lifesmart infrared heaters to be between 38-66% more efficient than forced air electric, propane or electric baseboard. The LIFESMART Infrared Heater only uses up to 1500 watts of electricity, no more than a common hair dryer! Infrared heaters may save as much as 30 to 50 percent on heating costs, particularly in well insulated living spaces.
- They also deliver draft-free heat with very little noise.
- Most infrared home heating systems are made in the USA. It appears that at one time they were 100% American made, but now it is common to find imported parts from overseas and assembly here.
Learn More about How Infrared Heat Works - Great Video!
What Infrared Heater Owners Say...
"I did purchase an infrared heater that is keeping most of my house toasty warm for the time being. It`s small, but is rated to a 1000sqft. My main floor is about 1500 sqft so I close the bedroom doors, which I want cooler anyway and it`s doing the trick, SO FAR. My electric bills make me cry, UNCLE."
OJ, St. Louis, MO
"I'm very happy with my Edenpure infrared home heaters and now own several models. Edenpure has contacted me and offered special pricing several times."
Life Smart Infrared Heaters
Most Popular Models on amazon.com below...
LifeSmart 1500 Watt Infrared Heaters
The attractive wood cabinet style of these LifeSmart Infrared heaters also ranks high with owners.
No fireplace? Here's a similar alternative that adds that fiery glow ambiance to a room, but without the mess.
Most models come with a remote control and are designed to heat at least a 1000 square foot living space.
Edenpure Infrared Heaters - The Edenpure brand of infrared home heaters also gets good reviews.
Edenpure is a very popular brand, especially for those who prefer an American made home heater. These models were once 100% made in USA.
Currently some of the models and parts are imported, still most of the manufacturing is in the US and the closest you will find to American made..
Clcik any of the links above to view even more models of infrared heaters on Amazon.
Or you can click the link below to search eBay.
Edenpure Heaters on eBay
You can also find Edenpure brand infrared heaters on eBay, both used and new.
If finding products that are made in the USA is important to you, the the Edenpure brand is the closest you will find in an American made space heater.