Getting rid of fruit flies the natural way
Getting rid of fruit flies
Fruit flies are small, annoying flies, which are targeting fruit, your kitchen and your bathroom. They love rotting fruit and beverage leftovers and calories. Here are some quick and natural ways to get rid of the little pests - fast.
This is one of my how to live green tips for home and garden.
You will need
You will need:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- small bowls or plastic containers
- clear wrap
- a few minutes
Put it together
1) Fill a quarter of your container or bowl with Apple Cider Vinegar
2) Cover tight with clear wrap
3) Poke small holes in the wrap - big enough for them to crawl through, but not too big
4) Strategically place the traps where the little flies are a nuisiance: kitchen, bathroom, close to plants
Within days you will see the perky little pests collect in your trap. I had set up three traps and was completely fruit fly free within one week, yay!
Some added measurements
Pour boiling water down your drains. That will kill the fruit flies living in your drain and disposal. I would pour the boiling water at night and cover the opening with a paper towel. I repeated this procedure for three days in addition to my traps.
~~~ Happy trapping and good luck on your fruit fly mission ~~~~