Nesting Bowls - The Perfect Addition To Small Kitchens
Whether or not your have a lot of space in your kitchen, this set of nesting bowls makes a lot of sense.
We purchased this set of space-saving bowls to keep in our travel trailer. For those who are familiar with RVs, the kitchens are almost always lacking in storage space. Couple this with the fact that you're probably going to want to eat in, and food preparation becomes a challenge.
This set of nesting bowls makes serving up a dinner for 4 or 6 quite easy. Here's how we use each item in the bowl set:
- The largest green bowl is perfect for salads, corn on the cob, or even spaghetti and meatballs.
- The next nesting bowl, the darker green bowl is actually a colander which we use to rinse fresh vegetables (hopefully, from roadside stands)
- The light blue bowl is a strainer. The strainer if quite fine so it's not just for straining spaghetti but also can be used smaller items, like rinsing rice.
- Next up is the dark blue nesting bowl which is perfect for cereal or as a berry bowl. This bowl also has measurement lines inside for measuring mls, liters, ounces or pints.
- There's a measuring cup set which includes 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/4 cup measurers. We use these mostly to dish out the dog's food.
- The last piece in the nesting bowl set is the yellow tablespoon measurer. It has a line inside that demarks one teaspoon also.
Having all of these bowls, cups and measurers in one place really helps save space. This would be a great gift for anyone who is living in a small space, such as a dorm room, boat, or RV. Note also: these bowls are BPA and phthalate free.
To see other items that are nice for boats and RVs, check out my new website: GoodGiftsForBoatOwners.com.
I'm always on the prowl for kitchen items I can use in our travel trailer that don't take up much room. My other rule is that each item must have more than one use so that popcorn maker? Not so much.
Here's a few of my favorite items.
This set of nesting utilities has multiple uses, from scrambling eggs to mixing up cakes. They're all heat resistant to over 450 degrees.
This compact storage set is next on my list of items to buy for John's boat. We're always looking for something to store leftovers.
These bowls take up little space and hold a lot of leftovers in the RV refrigerator.