Put an old phonebook to good use
Make a dress
Since more and more of my friends have cell phones, I cannot find them in the phone books.
I don’t need to, to be honest, I get their numbers anyway. My mobile phone is my personal phone book so to speak.
The telephone book is perfect when you want to find companies, schools, restaurants and museums. Often they have a little add with the opening hours posted. Check the phone book but also call them, since the book was edited long ago.
Then we have a lot of other things the phone books are perfect for. Never throw away an old phone book when you get a new!
Have any old phone books?
This is my answer
If you need paper towels anyway
Use it for:
1. Keep one under the sink and you can remove potato peels and stuff from the dishes that are collected in the drain.
2. Use the old phone books to put under the pillow on the kitchen chair to make the child sit higher!
3. Add one or two phone books under the head legs of your bed! Then you will sleep a little slanted and the stomach acid does not come up into your throat and bather you.
4. Give an old phone book to the toddler sitting there on the floor. They just love to rip the pages out. When they later try to do the same with a good book – give them the phone book again. They will quickly get the point.
5. Save lots of phone books and put in the gap on the floor on your balcony. The rain and snow will not come in. Throw them away and replace them as they get wet.
6. Go through the pages when you want to find a name for your pet or even child. There are so many names you never think of otherwise!
7. Rip out the maps of the city that usually are in the back of the phone book. Keep them in a plastic folder in the car. This will help you to find your way around without a GPS
8. Some phone books have the addresses listed with all the peoples name in one at the time. Very practical if you are delivering advertising material!
9. Use phone books of similar height to lift up a shelf or other furniture. The cleaning under them is faster and easier.
10. Put a high stack of phone books in a sailors sack and you have an extra chair. You my beg your neighbours and friends for books so you can have many!
So the phone book is still needed in spite of the internet search engines. They cannot provide any of the tips I presented here!=)
High Chair. -Handmade. -Hand painted. -Handcrafted. -Safety belt. -Unique design. -Quality construction. -Some assembly required. -Dimensions: 22'' H x 41'' W x 20.25'' D.