Welcome to the Wonderful World of Orchids!
Orchids are a beautiful and delicate plant; they make a beautiful edition to any household. Some varities need a lot of care, but thanks to new hybrid varieties (i.e. "Just Add Ice", Moth Orchids, etc.) taking care of orchids has become easier and more affordable!
Before buying an orchid here are some things you need to consider:
1. What variety is being sold?
- There are many different orchid hybrids out there, each needs its own specific care, so be sure to read the care instructions!
2. How much time do you have to devote to them.
- "Just Add Ice" orchids are the least time - consuming variety, just as their namesake says, you literally just add ice once a week to the orchid to keep it alive.
3. Do you have the right space for one.
- Orchids, like all plants, require sunlight. However, direct sunlight can permanently burn the orchids leaves. Make sure you have a space indoors that recieves indirect sunlight.
Do you own an orchid?
So Your Orchid Stops Blooming...
1. This could be happening because of a nutritional deficiency, try repotting or fertilizing your orchid.
2. Another reason this might be happening is over - watering. If the orchid is sitting in water, the roots will begin to rot.
3. Check to see if the leaves are burnt. Orchids cannot take direct sunlight, this will cause their leaves to permanently burn and overexposure could lead to the orchids death.
I cannot stress how beneficial it is to repot your orchid once a year.
Great Amazon Deals!
Great YouTube Video(s)
This is a great video showing how to repot orchids. Repotting once a year can be extremely beneficial to orchids and will promote healthy growth and prettier flowers.