Product Review: Fagor Portable Induction Cooktop
Benefits of Induction Cooktops
Efficiency: Induction cooktops are eco-friendly… it can recognize the base of the cookware and only hits the diameter of the pot, so very little energy is wasted. Induction cooktops utilize 90 per cent of the energy produced whereas conventional gas or electric stoves utilize only 50 per cent energy. Induction cooking system is more efficient than regular cooking systems because the cooking surface itself doesn't generate heat, using the cooktop didn't heat up the kitchen as a stove might.
Safety: Induction cooktops are safest because the cooktop surface remains cool to touch. In addition, there are no hazards related to flames, smokes or gas emissions. It has child lock and automatic shut-off features.
Speed: Induction cooktops help to cook faster than gas or electric cooktops, reducing 50% of the cooking time. This means induction cooktops actually boil water at half the time it takes for gas and radiant cooktops.
Fagor Portable Induction Cooktop
- The Fagor Portable Induction Cooktop costs around $200. Although a bit costly, it can be very useful for a variety of cooking experiences like cooking in the backyard, on a buffet, or for holidays and parties.
- The Fagor Portable Induction Cooktop is sleek, shiny and black. It comes up with brushed stainless trim, touchpad buttons and a light-up display. The look is magic! Use it as an elegant centerpiece on the table, for outdoor parties as well as in the kitchen.
- The flat smooth surface of the Fagor Portable Induction cooktop is made of high quality heat resistant glass making spills easy to clean.
- Induction cooktops don’t work with all cookware. Induction cooking system works only with ferrous metals (i.e. iron-based, magnetic). Glass, aluminum and copper pots and pans will not work.
- Induction cooking system isn’t quite perfect due to its speed! With no visible flame or glowing coils, it’s a bit difficult to adjust heat levels. And despite the company’s claim of even and precise heating, a discernable hot spot can be visible in the middle of the cooking pan.
- Portable single-burner induction cooktop delivers heats instantly (no flames or fumes)
- 6 adjustable heat levels ranging from 190 to 430 degrees F; cool-touch housing
- Cookware detection, low- and high-voltage warning, and auto shut-off for safety
- 180-minute countdown timer; digital control panel; compatible with all induction-ready cookware
- Child lock and automatic shut-off
- Measures 14 by 12 by 2-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
The Fagor Portable Induction Cooktop will benefit anyone who carries it with them. Cooking macaroni and cheese anywhere in the world would be a lot better with it than a hotplate!