The Blue Ocean Stainless Steel Shower Panel In Action
Why Not Go All Out On That Bathroom Remodeling Project With a Beautiful Blue Ocean Shower Panel Tower?
When we started to remodel the bathroom of our home in West Virginia, we knew that we wanted a stupendous jacuzzi tub and an equally amazing shower panel - that's how we found the Blue Ocean 59" Stainless Steel Shower Panel with Rainfall Head!
Now, that's a mouthful of a name but this bathroom shower lives up to it and even gives just a bit more as I'll show you in this review of the Blue Ocean Shower Panel.
That picture above is our special Blue Ocean shower panel tower the day it was installed in our newly remodeled bathroom. We've since taken many showers (at least we're clean!) and have loved each and every one.
So, come along with me and see why this shower panel is 'all that.' I'll bet you put it on your Amazon wishlist.
Photo credit: All photos on this article were taken by me with my new Sony DSC-WX300 digital camera. In fact, you can click that link right there to go see my product review of my new favorite camera.
Here's The Blue Ocean 59" Stainless Steel Shower Panel Tower on Amazon.com
The Perfect Shower For Discriminating Bathers
Let's jump right into the Amazon site to see the specifics on the . This particular shower tower has 8 spray jets vs. three on the Blue Ocean 53" Shower Tower (like to the 53" model is further down in this article). 8 Jet Blue Ocean 59" Stainless Steel Shower Panel Tower
There are many variations of this shower on the market, but we chose this specific shower based on the excellent reviews on the Amazon.com site. Scroll down this article to see my favorite features of this shower panel.
This shower tower is a bit larger than others (59" to the 52" of most others) and is made of stainless steel instead of the less expensive aluminum.
As an added bonus, the Amazon.com site has the best price for the Blue Ocean Shower Panel. At least, it was, by far, the best price I could find, beating other online stores by as much as $50.
A Few Of My Favorite Features Of The Blue Ocean Shower Panel Tower
Below are a few of the things I really like about this fabulous Blue Ocean Stainless Steel 59" Shower Panel. There are more technical things that you can find on Amazon.com, so I'll leave the techie stuff to them. The below are only my opinions on the great features of this terrific shower panel tower.
- My #1 favorite thing about the Blue Ocean shower panel is that you can tell the exact temperature of the water each and every time you turn it on. This shower panel comes with a digital readout that tells one the temperature as it comes out of the faucet. No more freezing cold or scalding hot baths or showers! The one thing I don't like is that the temperature is only in Celsius so those of us who are used to Fahrenheit will have a bit of a learning curve. But, it's pretty easy to figure out - for instance, my perfect shower is 38C which is 100F. Ah, a warm, lovely shower.
- Three adjustable heads means that my entire body gets sprayed at the same time. Remember that old joke about the really thin girl who had to run around in the shower to get wet? Well, I have the opposite situation in that I'm a bit of a 'larger gal' so parts of me are frequently out of the water in a shower. But, ah, no longer. When I turn on the shower spray from the three adjustable heads and also dial up the top shower, I'm soaked everywhere. True nirvana.
- Depending on my mood, I might like to shower under a waterfall or have a more gentle rain shower atop my head. With the Blue Ocean Shower Panel Tower, I get to choose which I prefer. And, the top shower head is adjustable also so that I can direct the pivoting heads anywhere I'd like.
- The Blue Ocean Shower Panel has a handheld shower head also. I was concerned about cleaning our new jacuzzi tub as I like to spray it down after ever use. The Blue Ocean Shower Panel Tower makes that easy as it also has a removable shower head which I use for exactly that purpose. Cleaning the jacuzzi is a breeze with this panel shower.
- The Blue Ocean Shower Panel has a tub spout so a separate tub fixture is not needed. Although this shower panel is certainly more expensive than, say, a regular shower head, I felt justified in purchasing it because I was saving money by not having to buy a tub faucet - at least, in my little world, that was one more bonus. Just turn a knob and the shower is diverted to the bottom fixture which is the bathtub spout.
- The 59" Blue Ocean Shower Panel Tower is made of stainless steel. As I noted earlier in this Squidoo article, stainless steel will hold up much better than aluminum which is what some of the competing products are made of.
Note: Our contractor said that the installation, although not difficult, took more time than putting up a normal shower so I wanted to make sure you're aware that there might be additional cost associated with putting up a shower panel.
The Blue Ocean 59" Stainless Steel Shower Head
This is a close up of the shower head on the. As you can probably tell, the shower head is made up on 2 separate pieces so you actually get two shower heads in one! And, each moves independently of the other so you can adjust the water flow exactly where you wants it to go. 3 Jet Blue Ocean Stainless Steel 59" Shower Tower
You can even set it to the 'waterfall' setting and get a nice stream of water, just like you'd get from standing under a waterfall (well, a warm waterfall....).
A Picture Of Our New Jacuzzi Bathtub And Shower
This is the latest, greatest bathroom in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia.
The tile work was all done by our handyman who did most of the remodeling with just a bit of help from licensed contractor.
Each of those little tiles are hand set and beautiful! We chose a double curved shower curtain which is really nice also (you'll see that directly below). The shower curtain that is up there in the picture was a big $8 and was purchased from a dollar store - it's sort of a placeholder until I can find a replacement.
Curved Shower Rods
We chose to install a curved double shower rod that we bought from Amazon.com (a double shower rod has two rods). These new curved shower rods give the illusion of having more room within the shower as the curtain fans out away from the bather. And, let me tell you, it's a joy to not have the shower curtain right there in your face or sticking to your wet body when you turn around. John and I elected to put both the shower liner and shower curtain on the inside rod, leaving the outside rod open to hang a wet towel until it dries.
And, for a bit more information, you don't have to have a longer shower curtain or hang a regular shower curtain at a different height than normal because you're using a curved shower rod. Just hang it at the normal 72" height above the floor and you're good to go.
Get The Perfect Water Temperature For Your Bath Or Shower - With The Thermostatic Readout On The Blue Ocean Shower Panel
In this picture, you can see the digital readout showing that the water is only 21C (69F) as I had just turned the bathwater on, and it hadn't heated up yet. But, degree by degree, this digital readout keeps track of the water temperature ensuring that you always get in a tub or shower at the exact temperature you like.
I think this digital readout should actually be on each and every shower if only for safety reasons. I was my elderly Mom's caregiver and would run her baths for her, but, for those with elderly people living alone, this readout could well save them from being scaled in the bath. The Blue Ocean thermostatic readout also has a visual representation of the water temperature so if it flashes red, it's HOT!
A Few Shower Curtains On Amazon.com
I'm trying to find a shower curtain that marries a sand color, brown and green and, so far, have had little luck. I do really like the below popular shower curtains on Amazon.com and will update this article once I decide which I'm going to buy.
When showering with the Blue Ocean, once the water is warm, turn on ALL nozzles before getting in, otherwise you'll be hit with cold water until the warm water runs through.
Here's A Few More Shower Panels On Amazon.com
Here's a larger selection of shower panels on Amazon.com. Some are cheaper (make sure to check the reviews before you buy any shower panel) and some are much more expensive. Generally, the more heads the shower has, the more expensive it will be. I'm happy with our Blue Ocean Shower Panel with just three heads but there's also one with eight (scroll down and you'll find it in the next module below).
eBay Might Be A Good Place To Look For Shower Panels
eBay frequently has lower prices than other online stores so you should really check there to at least get an idea of what else you could find on the market. Here's some of the shower panel and showers for sale on eBay right now.
Please leave me a comment to let me know that you dropped by my review of the Blue Ocean Stainless Steel Shower Panel.