- Home Decorating»
- Interior Design & Decor
How to Create a Unique Bedroom
I've always dreamt of having a unique bedroom, one that is inspiring, eyeful, entrancing, spaceous, beautiful and gorgeously styled. I love to gather ideas from ikea
Inventing a unique bedroom does require some imagination but you can find inspiration in magazines, blogs and photos. (look for wall pictures, pillows, furniture) if you've been umming and arring, what to do?
Please Follow my steps:
- Be patient re-decorating a room does take alot of time and planning.
- Always keep in mind a budget you don't want to run out of money before the project has finished.
- Take a good look around the house you may be able to Reupholster a lounge/chair or a pillow also look in your wardrobe you could use your unwanted clothing as a new invention. Mirrors and cute ornaments also look great!
- Choose a theme but keep in mind modern, which can be changed easily, select a colour or mood, remember this room must be based on the individual and what he/she loves or likes.
- Draw a plan you may find yourself lifting or changing your design many times without a draw plan so make sure you organize it on paper first, its alot easier to fix a solution then it is to move it so think first then act.
- Paint or buy wallpaper either can transform a room, but think of application, cost, and versatility to your space. Cons: Paint can require alot of time and wallpaper can be hard to remove. Pros: Paint can create a modern feel and wallpaper can be dramatic.
- Wall stickers if your worried about being a renter choose wall stickers they are easy to apply and don't damage paint work ~ need more inspiration try AllPosters the worlds largest wall and print store. Wall stickers are easy to apply and look wonderful you can pay as little as $5.00 or $149.00.
I've researched some unusual but very clever designs for bedrooms that have that wol effect! I've came up with a selection that truly inspired me, I hope you love them as much as I do!
Is your little girl a Princess, well she'll love a magical theme bedroom (Pic Below) that could be designed just for her. I just adore this girls room, I don't know anyone who has a bedroom like this? such an inspiring invention. I don't think any girl would leave her room if she had a bedroom so beautifully designed, I love the carriage but wheres the horses? but it looks like she already has a cat! I wouldn't usually go for pine wood but this looks classic and all blends well. There is also a wardrobe made into a castle how sweet, I'm amasing the ceiling fan it just transforms this room.
Join hubpages today its free and easy
Girls Bedroom ~How Magical
Boys Bedroom ~Welcome to the Jungle
Is your little boy wanting to go the the jungle or a zoo everyday. Why not in he's bedroom? wow, he'd be saying a, zebra inspired jeep car not every boy owns one of those. Furnish. Cool !
I love the quality of the design of the wall paper it looks as if the elephant, macaw parrots, monkey are actually there in real life, you could also add some characters (toys)to fit the theme.
Are you thinking of re-decorating your home or bedroom?
”You must be the change you want to see in the world.” - M.K. Gandhi