5 Ways to Always Get Great Feedback on eBay - for Buyers
If you've ever spent any time browsing the feedback ratings of eBay users, you've probably noticed that it's easy to read between the lines. Good sellers and customers get specific praise. Not-so-good are damned with faint praise. Sellers pay close attention to the feedback ratings of their buyers. Here are some tips to always get great feedback if you're an eBay buyer,
1. Good Communication. If you have questions about a seller's item, leave enough time before the end of the auction for the seller to have a reasonable amount of time to answer them. When you win an item, eBay will automatically send the seller an email notifying him or her of your information. If you don't use the PayPal instant payment option, communicate with the seller what your payment method will be and when you'll make payment. Make sure you have your proper mailing address registered with eBay so that the seller doesn't have to confirm your shipping info.
2. Pay Promptly. Sellers shouldn't have to wonder if you're planning on sending a money order, and when it will arrive. And follow through with that. Buyers who have "slow pay" feedback can't rely on a seller shipping an item before their check arrives, or before the check clears the bank.
3. Be Polite. If you have a problem with an item once you've received it, let the seller know before you complain to eBay, or leave bad feedback. Explain your issue clearly, and give the seller time to make things right.
4. Be Reasonable in Your Complaints. Bid carefully. Ideally the only reasons you'd want to return something is because it was misrepresented, or broken in transit because it was poorly packed. If you have questions, ask them before bidding. Don't buy something on a whim and then ask to return it because you changed your mind. Don't buy a book, read it, and expect the seller to happily take it back and leave you good feedback.
5. Give Meaningful Feedback. Don't just say "Great!" Mention timely shipping, good packing, and reasonable postage fees- things that would be useful to another buyer.
It's not hard to have a great buying experience on eBay. Be smart and courteous and you'll be racking up positive feedback every time you buy.