Clipping Your Guinea Pigs Nails
If you are new to the world of guinea pigs, it is important for you to know that their nails need clipped just as cats and dogs nails do. This is a short How To on just exactly how to do this without hurting your pig.
- Make sure you have a pair of nail clippers handy - pet nail clippers or regular toe/nail clippers work just fine!
- Take your guinea pig out of his cage and put him on your lap or somewhere, where you know he is calm and won't try to run away.
- Gently start to clip his nails, one nail at a time.
- Be careful not to cut the 'quick' as it will cause him to bleed.
- Do this once a month or more often if your pig's nails tend to grow quite fast.
Below is an instructional video that shows exactly what to do, step by step.