How To Be Posh
Etiquette For Girls - The Basics
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown.
In these fast moving times it seems that for too many people manners are no longer something to be bothered with. Civility is the first casualty, discretion gives way to the pursuit of notoriety and the rules of social responsibility become confused.
Etiquette may seem like an old fashioned concept and yet never has knowledge of the subject been more important than in these times of increased social mobility. A thorough knowledge of etiquette can give you the much needed edge to get ahead.
The secret to social success relies on etiquette so prepare to re-embrace this timeless concept. Good manners are back on the menu!
Politeness is to human nature what warmth is to wax. ~Arthur Schopenhauer.
Five Basic Etiquette Tips
1. The number one thing to remember is that so much can be achieved by simply making others feel at ease. Smile, be warm help others to relax.
2. Consider other people's feelings at all times. Put yourself in their shoes. Be kind.
3. Use the personal touch. Remember people's names and use them in conversation.
4. Say please and thank you, respond appropriately - laugh when necessary, take your turn to listen. The chances are that people will respond in kind.
5. A warm, positive attitude will encompass all. The result is that everyone is happier and more comfortable.
Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter which fork you use. ~Emily Post.
As the saying goes, good manners cost nothing,they make life altogether more bearable. Good social behaviour benefits all concerned, both giver and receiver and create a positive cycle. Rude behaviour does the same with everyone left feeling that bit worse.
Good manners can help you to move on in life and get the results you want. You will get more out of people if you are polite and considerate as good manners are disarming.
There is plenty of gain to be had by practicing behaviour that is generous and discreet both morally and personally and all of course for free!
Learn young about hard work and manners - and you'll be through the whole dirty mess and nicely dead again before you know it. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald.