Green Driving Tips
With the fluctuations in gas prices along with the environmental impact of burning fossil fuels makes it more important than ever to learn how to drive green. While the ultimate way of driving green is to not drive at all and ride a bike or public transportation, this mode of transit is not realistic for most of America.
One of the first things that can be done to drive green is to buy an electric or hybrid car. While these are expensive, they do use no to far less gas than traditional automobiles.
Here are some more tips that we can all do to drive green and reduce carbon dioxide emissions:
- Keep yoru tires properly inflated. Driving with poorly inflated tires can waste as much as 250 pounds of carbon dioxide a year and hudreds of dollars in gas money.
- Park your car in the shade on hot days. This can lower the temperature of ga tanks by 4-7 degrees which lowers emissions.
- Make sure that you change your air filter regularly to save hundreds of pounds of carbon dioxide and money on gas.
- Fill up your car with gas in the evening. This will decrease evaporation during pumping which keeps in from escaping and being cooked in the ozone.
- Car pool. For many of us we can car pool to work, or to kids soccer games, etc.
- Drive a warm car. A warmed up engine will pollute up to 5 times less than one that has been sitting cold.
Following these simple tips can help you to drive green. This will help to reduce pollution and will help you to save money on gasoline.