These marriages have withstood the test of time and fame.
1. Bono and Ali ~ The front man for one of the greatest rock bands of all time met and married his soul mate Ali after falling in love during their high school days. Married over 25 years is quite an accomplishment for anyone, let alone someone as famous as Bono. There's been a lot of speculation in recent years of Bono's faithfulness and rumors have definitely left some wondering, but if you ever see Bono and Ali together, the sincerity of the admiration and love they share for one another is undeniable.
2. David Bowie and Iman ~ Rock star meets gorgeous supermodel. Typical, maybe, but this couple has proven their love is meant to last. Married in 1992, David Bowie and Iman have been married for over 15 years. Their warmth and respect for each other is clear. Bowie has been quoted to saying "I like where I'm at and I'm very comfortable. I like being who I am, who I'm with and what I'm doing. I seem to have found an equilibrium in my life." How two seemingly very different people have been able to come together is truly inspiring and amazingly beautiful.
3. Bruce Springsteen Patti Scialfa ~ The Boss has recently come out on his official website to deny rumors that he and Patti are about to split. Married since 1991, Bruce goes on to say "Patti and I have been together for 18 years- the best 18 years of my life. We have built a beautiful family we love and want to protect and our commitment to one another remains as strong as the day we were married." What makes this marriage especially amazing is the fact that Patti works along side Bruce and has for their entire relationship. That's above and beyond what most long-standing marriages could endure.
4. Sting and Trudy Styler ~ This couple actually lived together for 11 years before tying the knot, on August 20, 1992, and have been together for over 25 years now. Perhaps one of the reasons for such longevity is their shared ambitious nature and I'm pretty sure the tantric sex they openly practice doesn't hurt. Six Children between them and as recently interviewed on Oprah, they are still going strong.
5. Celine Dion and Rene ~ One of the most controversial celebrity marriages but one that seems like forever it will last. Celine was only 12 when she met Rene, who was her then manager. He was twice divorced before and there was a 26 year old age difference between them, but obstacles as large as these proved to be easily overcome for this extremely happy couple. It's hard to find a couple that portrays such commitment and mutual adoration.
6. Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo ~ A legendary team like no other, Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo married in February of 1982, making this over 25 year union as concrete as they come. If you've ever been to a concert they've performed, you can't help but witness the electric love that is between them. An obviously deeply invested friendship between the two is felt by all that are in their presence.
7. Ozzie Osbourne and Sharon Osbourne ~ Sharon met Ozzie when she was 17, while working for her dad, who happened to be the manager of the famous heavy metal band, Black Sabbath. Ozzie was subsequently fired from the band, and soon after Sharon took over the management role for Ozzie, and the rest is history. They married in 1982 and have undergone numerous tragic events and overcome enormous stumbling blocks. Their love and undying devotion doesn't seem to have ever been doubted. Even a reality show couldn't break these two up.
8. John Cougar Mellencamp and Elaine Irwin ~ John met his gorgeous supermodel wife on the set of a 1991 photo shoot for the cover of his album "Whenever We Wanted". They wed the following year in 1992. Going strong after 15 years, this is one of the most down to earth and most private couples. If you had seen the making of the photo shoot that was televised then, the physical chemistry between the two was impossible to deny.
9. Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill ~ These two southern souls met on an appropriately titled "Spontaneous Combustion" tour, and wed soon after on October 6, 1996. Faith was once interviewed in Redbook magazine and made this compelling quote as to the secret of why their marriage succeeds. "You can't sit back. My husband and I have made the choice that our marriage is the most important thing to us. We respect what we have and understand how we need to feed it."
10. Jon Bon Jovi and Dorothea ~ another couple that sealed their relationship during their high school years, and were married on April 29, 1989 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This couple is as strong as it is extraordinary. A rock star, long admired for his pretty boy looks, and adoring bevy of groupies has shown the world how understanding and supportive Dorothea must be. Fast forward, 4 kids and 18 years later and Jon has joined the ranks of the ultimate rock star marriages.
Google AdSense Host API
We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking Pixels
We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google Analytics
Amazon Tracking Pixel