THE IMPORTANCE OF OUR DREAM ~ DREAM ANALYSIS
Dream Work Organization
How important are our dreams?
In our day to day lives, we wear a mask to hide whatever may be going on inside. After all, we have to work and earn a living. We have to take care of our families. We certainly can't be wearing our hearts on our sleeve, can we? This is where our dreams come in. Holding back our emotions often find their way into our subconscious.
Sometimes, our repressed emotions is a sign of how drastically our lives need to change. If we are feeling anxious, it might be an easier task during the day to distract ourselves, but at night our dreams tell another story. Feeling taken for granted or abused in some form, leads to repression needing to be released. If you find yourself angry all the time, it doesn't leave you much space to be any good to anyone, especially yourself. This is why our dreams are so important. They open up a gateway of healing, and a unique opportunity to learn about ourselves.
Here are some common symbols in dreams and what they might mean
1. Revolving Locations. One moment you're in the middle of a dessert, next moment you're on top of a mountain. This could indicate that your life is undergoing a transformation. The message might be to investigate all of your options and opportunities. Your subconscious is relaying to you, your need for change.
2. Disorientation. If your dream finds you somewhere you've never been, and you feel uncomfortable and out of place, this might indicate that you are not ready to give something up. If, on the other hand, you feel exhilarated and happy in these new, never seen environment, this would relay to you that you are definitely ready to explore a new territory and should accept the challenge.
3. Mazes or fun houses. These are common in dreams where you are looking for direction. Finding your way out easily is a sign that you are feeling confident of who you are and the road you're taking to achieve your goals.
4. Identity Crisis. Looking into a mirror and seeing someone else looking back can be terrifying. This symbol in dreams usually represents your feelings of confusion as to who you really are. Maybe you're struggling with your sexuality or a role that you are expected to play in your life is feeling like an act.
5. Coming in First. If you have a dream where you are running for office or racing to the top of a hill and you win, most times this means you are feeling very confident and sure of your success. This type of sign can be common in dreams to help assure you when you are feeling hesitant.
6. Look out below. Falling is one of the most common symbols in dreams. Anxiety and feeling overwhelmed usually ignites these types of dreams. Your life is feeling out of control and you're not sure where to turn or who to trust.
7. Everyone's bigger than me. When others are represented in your dreams as being larger than life and towering over you, this could bring up memories of childhood and your subconscious craving to be taken care of.
8. Who's that behind me. Seeing your shadow in dreams can be a symbol of all things you don't like about yourself. A side of you, you wish others to never see.
9. What a tangled web we weave. Spiders in dreams represent an overbearing or extremely possessive mother figure. An authority figure who you feel is overpowering your ability to makes decisions or hindering your independence in some way.
10. It sure is hot up in here. Fires or burning buildings represent the need to start over. It can be connected to a passionate romance that is filled with fire, or the urgency you feel the importance of regrouping and leaving behind the old ways that are not working.