Top Ten Home-Remedies ~ Stop a Headache in it's Tracks
Oy, my aching head! One of the most common and universally shared ailments suffered, that nagging and sometimes debilitating headache. Most of the time, headaches are just a type of sounding alarm that our bodies give off to let us know that something, somewhere has gone haywire. It can actually be a sort of blessing in disguise! Tell that to someone who can't see straight or struggles with blinding pain and they may want to pummel you to death.
The pain though begins to arise by varying and individually unique factors. Stress, emotional trauma, a sore neck, shoulder or back pain, too much alcohol, too much chocolate, allergies..... The list can go on and on. Those pulsating blood vessels that are so easily disguised are in need of soothing and immediate relief.
Here are 10 alternatives to the pill-popping and sometimes addictive drug methods.
Home Remedies for the Migraine
What is Acupuncture?
If she has a headache, she's tired. If you have a headache, you don't love her anymore. NO WONDER MEN DIE BEFORE WOMEN! ~ Author Unknown
NATURAL IS ALWAYS BETTER
1. LEMONS ~ Lemons have been found to be a great natural cure for headaches that seem to stem from heat exposure. Squeezing a half of a lemon into a steaming hot cup of tea can given instant relief as well as comfort.
2. CINAMMON ~ For headaches that appear afte prolonged exposure to a cold climate, cinammon can help curb the pain by using it to form a mild paste. A tablespoon of cinammon mixed wit h a couple of drops of water and applied gently to the temple and forehead can be soothing and reported as an effective treatment.
3. ROSEMARY ~ Another good herb alternative to cinammon is rosemary. A few sprigs infused in boiling water and placed into a mug can be a wonder. Put a towel over your head and breathe the aromatic and healing properties to quickly relieve.
4. HERBAL COMPRESS ~ Adding a few drops of peppermint oil to a wet cloth and then placing in the freezer for 10-15 minutes will serve as a perfect compress. Place onto the pulse points of pain while your eyes are closed and room is darkened.
5. MASSAGE ~ Therapeutic massage to the neck, shoulders and back can unblock a type of congestion that is cuased by sinus pressure. Physical touch is sometimes underestimated in the pursuit of pain relief.
6. FEET ~ Soaking your feet in a tub of very warm water can provide a gentle diversion for the blood supply to travel from your head to your feet, making it easier to manage the pain.
7. WATER ~ Sometimes a headache is caused by water depletion. Drinking 8 glasses of water a day can help keep you in optimum health and lessen the onset of some headaches. Another trick is to gargle with water (not ice cold) and then swallowing, while laying your head back slightly and keeping eyes closed. This should stop the throbbing within a few minutes.
8. ACUPUNCTURE ~ A common treatment in dealing with headaches caused by stress. It's an age old practice that has now become mainstream and widely accepted as a premier alternative in health care.
9. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR ~ Pure, natural and organic. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with nutrients, that although is considered an acid, can metabolize into an alkaline tha will diminish headache pain. Potassium is also high in ACV and is known as a type of brain food which also is highly successful in the ridding of most headaches.
10. GATORADE ~ Surprisingly, this popular sports drink has been touted by many headache sufferers as a fast and effective treatment.