True Signs You Are Going To Have A Bad Day
Who You Lookin' At?
There's your Sign!
I can almost tell immediately when I get up in the morning what kind of day I am going to have. I have begun to notice that there are tell-tale signs if you know what to watch for. The following list is a few of the things that help warn me ahead of time as to whether or not I need to even bother trying to do anything. Some even impose a clear message that I should just go back to bed and pull the cover over my head!
I Told You This Was Not Good!
What Else Can Go Wrong?
I know it is going to be a bad day when:
- I wake up in the morning, put on the coffee and after waiting for it to brew, realize that I forgot to put the filter in before I added the coffee.
- I fail to turn the bathroom light on because I am in a drastic hurry to beat the call of mother nature and fall into the bowl before I realize the seat is up.
- I wake up to the dog whimpering beside the bed, get up to let him out, only to realize I am too late when I step in something warm and squishy.
- I grab a cup of coffee and head to the office to check email and see that I have 486 messages that are 75% spam.
- I find a text message from the cell phone company giving me 3 days to pay a bill I thought I paid a week ago and notice the message is 4 days old.
- I jump into the shower, running late as usual, then realize that the pilot light on the hot water heater has gone out. (At this point, going back to bed is NOT an option since I am wide awake now!)
- I load up the dog, drive 30 miles to the vet, where I am informed that his appointment was yesterday.
- I am cleaning the bird cage and she "flies the coop", heading straight to the computer keyboard where she expresses her jealousy over me spending too much time on the computer when she wants to play.
- I start the dishwasher before getting started to work and on return a few hours later, I notice that the hose behind the dishwasher has fallen off.
- My hubby is off for the day and decides, since I have work to do, he will veg in front of the t.v. and watch the entire Star Wars trilogy for the 50th time IN STEREO!
To Be Or Not To Be?
These are just a few of the signs that let me know that I am pretty much wasting my time trying to have a prductive day of any sort. Normally, I do stay up though because frustration would only serve to create tension when it kept me from going back to sleep. I have wondered many times, though, about that rock everybody keeps talking about crawling under. Where do I find these things?
With this kind of luck, mine would probably be made of sand and about the time I got hid beneath it, we would have a rain storm!