As a parent, one of the first responsibilities is to keep your children safe.
1. Newborns need to be placed in a safe environment, fed, turned frequently, and kept warm and observed..
2. Remember this is a child not a little adult. Do not make your toddler responsible for younger siblings!
3. Toddlers have shorter attention spans. They are trying to be independent and will run away if not watched.
4. Child proofing your home by getting down on the ground and look up. Provide safety keeping doors and cabinets locked, includes mop buckets filled with water and paint cans.
5. Parents need to be on the alert because baby moves things around, pull themselves up, and manipulate simple mechanisms, to easily open a door, pull out plugs, open bottle lids then drink nauseous things
6. When parents need a nap, get a baby sitter or day care worker to watch your baby.
7. Watch your children around water! Who cares if the phone is ringing, you can get a message later.
8. Toddlers curiosity opening doors, turning lights on and off pouring and scooping need to be satisfied for learning to take place.
9. Parents need to stay alert and provide safe toys for baby to explore and learn with.
10. Providing your child with the appropriate amount of responsibility and make sure before they go to school they know their address, phone number and your name.