When I think of youn impressionable girls having role models...honestly, not too many come to mind. They are all selling sex in some way shape or form. These young girls look up to celebrities regardless of their public reputation. You know what they say....there is no bad publicity. That is why it seems to me that young girls seem to look up to celebrities that are in the media spotlight for not so positive actions. Here is a list of the top 10 celebrities that I think are good role models for young girls.
1. India Arie-India sends wonderful positive messages to girls throughs songe that emphasize being your self and not letting anyone judge you on your size, how you look or dress.
2. Alicia Keys-Alisha is always in the news about charities she sponser and causes she feels strongly about. I would not mind my three year old looking up to her.
3.Tyra Banks-Tyra is all about empowering young girls. If anything, her recent business ventures and her hit talk show definately empower girls to pursue their dreams and feel good about themselves physically and emotionally
4. Miley Cyrus- I love Miley!!!! She is young, successful and a go-getter. No wonder girls love Hannah Montana.
5. Oprah Winfrey. What else can I say....she's Oprah!!!!
6. Jessica Simpson-You never see Jessica in the media out late, on drunken rampages or anything like that. Her publicity may not always be positive, but she seems to be genuine and keep to herself.
7. Beyonce'-This diva would give a girl of any age the incentive and drive to be the best she can be.
8. Taylor Swift-Taylor is a great entertainer and a sweet girl.
9. Kelly Clarkson-Kelly pursued her dreams by winnig the first season of idol and hasn't stopped since. Her hit albulms and limited negativ attention speaks for itself. She is not ashamed of the fact that she sometimes struggles with her wait and that is great for young girls to see.
10.Venus and Serena Williams-They made history in the world of tennis which can be major inspiration you future athletes to keep pushing and be the best they can be.