What a great question! Five reasons...only five? Okay, here we go:
1. Fall/Autumn is a real show in Pennsylvania when the leaves turn color. Walking through the woods as they flutter down like multicolored confetti just makes me happy.
2. Sweatshirt weather! Admittedly we only get a few weeks of this in spring and in fall but these days when the temperature is perfect for being outside are my favorites.
3. Hills, forests, and rivers: I know it sounds simplistic but the landscape of Pennsylvania offers a new view around every bend in the road.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (football), Penguins (hockey), and Pirates (baseball)
5. The old-time wisdom of the Amish and Mennonite communities.