hydro wristbands and bracelets
Age levels: All ages
These cool water filled bracelets look futuristic and retro at the
same time! Make a few and give to your friends!
- 2 feet of clear plastic tubing with a
- ¼-inch inner diameter and
- 3 inches of clear plastic tubing with a
- 3/8-inch inner diameter (sold in most
- hardware stores)
- Ruler and scissors
- Tiny beads or glitter
1. To make each bracelet, first cut an 8-inch-long piece from
the 1/4-inch tubing and cut a 1-inch length from the 3/8-inch
tubing (for a fastener). Slide both ends of the 8-inch tube into
the fastener, and try on the bracelet for fit. If it's too big, take it
apart and trim it to size, remembering that it will need to slip
over her hand.
2. Remove one end of the bracelet from the fastener. Use a
finger to stopper one end while your child drops in tiny beads
or pieces of glitter -- or anything she likes that fits in the tube
and can be submerged in water.
3. When she's done, slowly fill the tube with water, leaving
several inches of air so it has room to move. Carefully slide the
free end into the fastener as far as it will go. This should create
a snug fit that won't come undone without a good tug.