How To Save Money While Shopping
Save some money in that wallet...
Everybody loves brand new shiny things. Yes, even men, too. Whether it be clothes, that handbag you were eyeing up the other day, or that new iPhone coming out. But what if you could have all that while saving a bunch of money while doing it? There is no schemes here. No magic tricks. Just some helpful tips that could help you get what you have been dying to have while keeping some extra loot in your wallet, too.
Here are some other savvy shopping ideas!
- Shopping and Saving Tips - AllYou.com
Shop smart and save money with these expert tips, hot deals and budgeting ideas.
Here Is 5 Ways You Can Shop Smarter and Save Money...
- Shopping Safely Online. Before doing any shopping online, be sure to do your research on making sure it is a legit site. The most obvious legit sites are Amazon, Ebay, Overstock... etc. But many looking for an even better deal will come across scamming sites. Especially those looking for expensive name brand clothes, shoes, or handbags. Any site stating that they only except check and Western Union money orders you should be cautious of because they are more then likely a scam. Countries, like China for example, are good at making fake handbags and trying to pass them off and sell them as the real thing. This is illegal and they are slowly getting shut down, but many are still out there so be aware. On the safe side, there are many legit websites out there with some great deals for consumers. You can also try the online site of your favorite store. Many online stores such as Walmart, Macy's, and Nordstrom have special online deals that you would not be able to get in the store itself. A little researching and shopping around online can be very beneficial for you and your wallet.
- Holiday Shopping. Most of us know that Black Friday is full of amazing deals and is one of the most chaotic shopping days of the year. But there are many days throughout the year with just as many good sales in stores and online as well. Labor Day, Presidents Day, Columbus Day, New Year's Day, Independence Day, and Memorial Day are some examples. Keep your eye out for the sale ads that come in your local newspaper, and sign up for sale alerts from your favorite retailers so you are sure not to miss out!
- Save Big On Hotels. There are many online sites favored toward saving money while traveling. You just need to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deals. Some great websites aimed for hotel savings are Priceline, Hotwire, and Travelocity. They are especially great for last minute bookings. Always be sure to compare prices on different sites as well. However, beware of their bidding services, because some will not even give you the name of the hotel you are booking until you have completely given them your credit card information. But it could be very well worth it to you in the end when you see the great deal you will be getting.
- Student Discounts. We all know how hard it is to be a college student these days and the money it drains you of. We also know about the many discounts you can get for being a college student, too. It may not be anywhere near enough to add up to all those student loans and what not, but every penny counts. The money saved at a certain store with a student discount could add up to a nice dinner out for you once of week, instead of in your dorm room sulking into your dreadful bowl of Ramen noodles. But did you know that if your kids are in school, there are discounts for you, too? Apple, GM, J.Crew, and Microsoft are some great examples of places that will give you a student discount. All you have to do is ask! Ann Taylor Loft is just one example of a retailer that offers discounts for teachers, too.
- Senior Discounts. Discounts.aarp.org is a great site for getting info on the discounts you can get for being a senior. You can even find some other great deals on there, especially if you sign up for their 50-Plus Shopper Perks program. At places like the Premium Outlets, you only have to be 50 as well to get 10 percent off your purchases. But always remember to ask anywhere you go to eat or shop if they have a senior discount. Many places you would not even think of may surprise you with the discounts they give!
Saving money is easy if you keep yourself on a budget. Even scouring and comparing your local ads is a good way. What you may need at a certain store could be on a even better sale at another. And do not forget coupons. You do not have to be on the next episode of Couponing, but clipping a few here and there can really save you a bundle. Happy Shopping!
- What Is in My Makeup Bag? My Makeup Essentials
I always need my everyday essentials in my makeup bag. They are the products you will find me using day in and day out. What's in yours?
- What Are The Top Fashion Haute Couture Houses?(Part I)
Curious as to know who the top fashion labels and designers in our culture today? Learn about the label, who designed it, and their life.
- Who Are The Top Shoe Designers?
We women love our shoes. So just who are those top designers that design those amazing shoes that adorn our pretty little feet?