- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living
10 Smart Ways to Use Your Freebies
Freebies are any items that you get for free. Usually, though, when we talk about freebies, we’re talking about those various little things that you get in the mail for free. Usually they are sent to you after you request samples from a website. Most people are happy just to get these items for free and to enjoy them when they arrive. However, there are even smarter ways that you can use your freebies.
1. Pack freebie snacks in your child’s lunch. You can save a lot of money on kids’ lunches by avoiding buying snacks at the grocery store and using freebie snacks instead.
2. Freebies can make great little gifts. Freebies make great stocking stuffers. You can also put a bunch of freebies together to make one-of-a-kind gift baskets.
3. Take freebie products along on your travels. Never buy travel-sized hygiene products again. Save up the ones you get as freebies and take them with you instead.
4. Use freebies in arts and crafts. Random items that you obtain for free online can be used in arts and crafts projects at home. This can save you a lot of money since it means spending less at the craft store for your kids. Also use them in making costumes and other DIY projects.
5. Turn freebies into prizes. Having a kids’ birthday party? Appropriate freebies would be good prizes for the kids who win games. They’re also good as prizes if you use a rewards system at home with your kids. Or if you work with kids, such as in a classroom, then they can be offered as prizes and rewards there. This can save a lot of money over the course of the year if it means you take fewer trips to the dollar store!
6. Freebies are a great way to test new products. Sometimes a pricy product is worth its cost. However, you don’t want to spend a lot of money to find that out. Freebies help you be discerning about buying more expensive items.
7. Look for pet freebies. Pet toys and other pet supplies can be really costly. Luckily, there are some great pet freebies out there that allow you to pamper your pet without breaking the piggy bank. Keep an eye out for these if you want real savings from your freebies.
8. Barter freebies that you don’t need. Go ahead and sign up to get free items that you don’t need. Use your social networks to barter these for items that you do need.
9. Sell freebies at yard sales. Many of the items that you get free in the email can be sold for a small amount of money at your next yard sale. At the very least, toss them into a “free” box at the foot of the driveway to entice visitors to check out your sale.
10. Offer freebies as giveaways on your blog. If you have a blog, Twitter account or other online means of making money with advertisements then freebies can be your friend. Give them away on the blog to gain more traffic.