- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
10 ONLINE THINGS A COLLEGE STUDENT CAN DO TO MAKE EXTRA CASH
Being a college student in these harsh economic times can be really hard because most of the things required to get by in school can be very expensive. Most students find it difficult to burden their already struggling parents for pocket money because in many cases it is never even enough. However there is no need to panic or skip meals in order to save some pocket cash. Below are easy jobs students can do and always have money in your pockets
TOP 10 ONLINE JOBS FOR STUDENTS
1. Write articles for blogs and websites: If you have natural language talent, you could provide content for websites for a pay. There is always a high demand for blogs, articles, and press releases and if you can create unique and relevant content, then you’ve got an opportunity. Examples of some well paying websites include iwriter.com, hubpages and dotwriter.com. 2. Offer remote data entry assistance: We are in the age of data-driven decision-making. Organizations are dedicating more resources to research and this involves a lot of data management. Data entry is a no-brainer and many organizations hire people online to do it.
2. Offer remote data entry assistance: We are in the age of data-driven decision-making. Organizations are dedicating more resources to research and this involves a lot of data management. Data entry is a no-brainer and many organizations hire people online to do it.
3. Undertake quick online paid surveys: Companies all over the world conduct online surveys to gather information about their products and services. You don't require any special skill for this. A typical online survey normally takes a few minutes and you can choose the ones that suit you.
4. Make and sell custom art: If you are talented in art, you can consider assisting an artist in their art work. If you are experienced, you can create custom work for people. Once you get one or two clients, you can expect many referrals and increase your chances of making more money.
5. Promote products in shopping stalls: Businesses are looking for promoters to work part-time at supermarkets that stock their goods. As a promoter, you are supposed to encourage sales by engaging shoppers and informing them about promotions and gift packs.
6. Be an event representative during weekends: You can work for a local events agency as part of their events staff to assist in the planning of events during weekends and weekday evenings. This is an interesting yet challenging opportunity as it requires a lot of flexibility. If are out-going, however, it could be your best chance of earning while in college.
7. Market online and network for cash: You can earn remotely by advertising a company’s products and services online or inviting people to join a network. You get paid for every purchase made from your referral. These jobs are great for people who are good at marketing and convincing.
8. Offer social media account management assistance: Social media presence is nowadays an integral aspect of brand management. If you have a good grasp of major social platforms and can create interesting and engaging posts, you can freelance, or work with social media agencies that manage the accounts of small businesses.
9. Work on campus during free hours: Almost every university and some colleges have a work study program. This program mainly targets students with financial need. They are given research, library, technical, and other jobs on campus and paid for the hours they work. This job usually requires evening and weekend availability.
10. Be a kids’ or language tutor: Many parents can pay big money to get their kids assistance so that they can attain good grades in school. If you are good in a certain subject or a foreign language and are blessed with patience, you could help kids in their studies and if they perform well, you can be sure their parents will shower you with bonuses.