- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living
3 Best Daily Deals Sites for Saving Money
Daily deals sites are starting to pop up all over the place. They’re a great way for you to save money on the things that you buy regularly. They’re also a great way to indulge in some nice treats for yourself without spending a fortune. Each day, you are offered a deal for a local place. If enough people purchase the deal with you then the deal is on. This collective buying power allows businesses to make money even though they are offering you really low prices on what they have available. It’s truly a win-win situation for consumers and small businesses.
3 great things about daily deals sites are:
· You save a lot of money on each purchase. You typically save up to 50% off of your purchases when you use daily deals sites.
· You learn about new places in your area. I’ve been exposed to many new restaurants and salons and other local spots after finding a good deal for them. In some cases, these places ended up being cheaper than other places I’d been going for the same services.
· You can save more money through referrals. Nearly all daily deal sites have referral programs where you make money just for letting other people know about the deals that you’re getting.
3 smart tips for using daily deals sites:
· Spend wisely. The most important thing to keep in mind when shopping with daily deals sites is that you shouldn’t get wrapped up in impulse buying. It’s easy to buy a lot of things you don’t need just because you get a good deal.
· Use the sites to buy gift experiences. This is a great way to save money on gifts for people throughout the year. It’s especially great for the holidays, of course.
· Keep track of what you buy. The deals all have expiration dates (although most last for several months to a year) so make sure that you keep them organized. You want to use the deals that you purchase!
3 Best Daily Deals Sites:
· Groupon. This is probably the most well-known daily deals site and there’s a good reason for that. Actually, there are several good reasons for that. For one thing, they’re a site that offers great daily deals in a lot of different cities so they can be used by many people. Another great thing about Groupon is that their deals are always really good – usually 50% off or more. Plus they offer a truly diverse range of deals including deals for restaurants, spas, salons, hotels, clothing stores, annual events and even unique experiences like skydiving or race car driving. In addition to their daily deal, they offer a side deal and may even offer a third deal in an area near you. Groupon has a great site that is easy to navigate and they make it easy to keep track of your Groupon purchases. Plus they have a discussion area where you can ask questions and share experiences with others.
· Joffer. This site does a good job of competing with Groupon. They don’t offer deals for quite as many cities as Groupon does yet but they do offer deals in most major cities as well as some great smaller cities around the nation. Plus they’re growing rapidly so they’ll probably be adding new cities soon. Joffer offers good deals (again, they’re often 50% off or more) on restaurants, hotels and other things that you might like to enjoy. They don’t offer the side deals like Groupon does but they do sometimes run two deals at once. The offers here round out the Groupon offers nicely; by using just these two sites you can save a lot of money on things that you do regularly.
· Townhog. Again, this site is comparable in many ways to Groupon. It offers great daily deals especially on spa services and dining. This site offers the daily deal as well as a deal in a nearby area (depending on where you live). For example, San Francisco residents can see deals in nearby San Jose.
Even if you don’t live in cities that are serviced by these daily deals sites, you might want to bookmark a few them. That’s because you can always use those deals when you go to visit those cities. Since many of the deals last for as long as one year, you can start accumulating them to save a lot of money on a really fun vacation later in the year!