5 Tips on How to Make Money Online
Looking for Work Online
Lots of people make money online. Even more people want to get a cut of that action.
This article isn't intended to be a quick way to earn money or a get rich quick type scheme. It's meant to give real world tips on how to make money online.
So without further ado, lets get to the tips.
Have you ever made any money online?
Write Online to Make Money
Even if you never tried writing before, it's still a good place to start as it's a very popular thing to do on the internet. Just to give a few examples:
- Write articles on Hubpages. This article and others I have written are all on Hubpages. It's not as profitable as running your own site or blog, but it's much more user friendly and easy to get going. This is where I make all of my writing income online.
- Textbroker and other freelance sites. Before coming to Hubpages, I wrote on Textbroker. A lot of it was articles for other sites, fake reviews, etc. It didn't feel quite ethical and I didn't own any of my work, so I left that site. But it does pay well, especially if you are a good writer.
- Start your own blog. This requires money, but if you pick the right topic and advertise properly, this can pay off big time and can even turn into a full time job. However, you have to keep at it constantly in order to get your blog noticed. This takes a lot of work, but can be well worth it.
- Write e-books. Amazon is a great place to sell e-books, even if they are short. If you have short stories, unfinished novels, etc. then that could be the route you want to go.
Draw Art to Sell Online
Perhaps you are a decent artist. If that's the case, then there are various places you could sell your talents.
- I consider DeviantArt one of the best places to sell art. It allows users to upload their art, sell prints, take commissions for others, etc. You control your own work, sell it how you want, and talk to your fans directly. Another site is Patreon, where you can have users subscribe to see your art.
- Depending on the art you do, you could sell it on places like Etsy. It's the premier place to make stuff, including art pieces, to sell to others. It also allows you to control your own work.
- Adult oriented websites also like artists that sell adult oriented pictures. I won't share those sites here, but they are very prevalent all over the internet and shouldn't be too hard to find. This work is very profitable.
Buy and Sell on eBay
There are a couple ways you can make money on eBay and other sites just like it:
- Buy stuff at yard sales, estate sales, and other types of sales to sell online. When I was unemployed I did this and made a lot of money. Of course you won't always sell what you buy, but this is something that can make you a lot of money is you pick the right items to sell.
- Buy on eBay to sell offline. Do you have a swap or flea markets in your area? Then buying online through eBay and other sites to sell to people in person can be just as profitable. An example is buying something in bulk, then selling the items individually at a market.
Teach Online to Make Money
Perhaps you know a trade, skill, or language that you could teach to others. There are many websites out there, like Tutor, that look for people who could teach those skills online. This doesn't allow as much control or freedom as the other ways, but it can be fun if you like to teach others.
The bonus with this is that it can provide experience you can put on your CV or resume to try to obtain a job off the net. But many people have made a career out of teaching online.
Earn Money Online with Adult Entertainment
If the title isn't clear, then I'll be blunt about it - pornography. It's a big thing on the internet. It's said that pornography is the biggest money maker on the internet. There are various ways to do this - either through live shows, pre-recorded videos, voice chats, text chats, and more.
Don't do anything illegal or what you would consider immoral. However, this is a great way to make money online with little to no skill required. Depending on what you do, you can earn more money than any of the other options provided. Just make sure you are okay with it before you do it. Some people even make a career out of this, so keep that in mind as well.