- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living»
- Household Expenses
7 Secret Tips for Shopping at Costco and Sam's Club
How to Save Money at Costco and Sam’s Club
It is true that we are constantly looking for ways to cut down on our budgets without having to give up on any of the benefits that we currently enjoy. Finding a way to buy more for less is a dream for many households in the country. The good news is that there are many opportunities for you to save money by joining warehouse clubs such as Costco and Sam’s Club. The following are some of the ways on how to save money while in college at these warehouse clubs:
- Establish if a membership is worth it. First, establish whether you are getting value for your money by becoming a Costco member. Annual membership fees will average to forty dollars. As such, you need to make sure that you save more than forty dollars on your purchases in order for the membership to make sense. If the savings are insignificant, then you could be wasting your valuable time and money doing other things.
- Get better deals online. You can save money by buying the same things on their website instead of going to the physical store. Warehouse clubs and other stores have deliberately made things cheaper when purchased online so as to encourage people to shop at home instead of crowding the physical locations.
- Go shopping during lunch time. You can also save money shopping during lunchtime. This is due to the free food samples are available and can serve as your lunch, helping you kill two birds (eating a meal and shopping for necessities) with one stone. Depending on how frequently you visit Costco, the amount of money saved by not having to buy your own lunch could be a handsome sum at the end of the year.
- Spend more time in the discount aisles. You may be surprised to learn that there are discount aisles in a discount store. However, this is exactly what you will find at Costco. Location is important, and heading to the big displays in the middle of the store will help you find the best deals available.
- Save money by buying discount meat. There are usually clearance sales on meat in the mornings as they wait for trucks of fresh meat to roll in. You can therefore buy meat in bulk at rock bottom prices.
- Clearance sales. Sam’s Club has some of the best clearance sales. It would be unfortunate to miss out on discount deals that will save you a lot of money and still give you all the things that you were aiming for in your shopping list.
- Buy produce. This is one of the best places to buy produce and fruits at incredible prices. It's the place to go for buying high quality produce, such as grapes, at a fraction of the cost.