Life Is so Unpredictable : Are You Prepared? What If Something Happens to You Suddenly?
Life Is So Uncertain!
Everyday, we make plans for our future. We generally, avoid to think about the vulnerability of human life. But the fact remains, ‘Human life is vulnerable.’
What if, something happens suddenly?
It could be an accident, a natural disaster or a man made disaster.
Are we prepared for it?
Have we made sure, that our families may not face any hardships, at least some financial crisis, after the close ones have passed away?
Some of these thoughts were bothering me, and thus this article.
If a child, a spouse, a life partner, or a parent depends on you and your income, you need life insurance.
What If Something Unthinkable Happens To You, or Your Close One?
Life is so unpredictable and most of us are not organised enough, to face the contingencies, and their consequences.
Men or women, whether young or old, do not want to discuss, or prepare, for the passing away of themselves or their close ones, at any stage of their lives.
These days, there is an increase in diseases, caused by faulty lifestyle as well, which may lead to serious life threatening diseases, or even sudden death.
There is no doubt, that people are working round the clock, to earn good amount of money, to make their lives better and save for the future as well.
But isn't it important, to devote sometime, to document those earnings and savings, if 'God Forbid', something adverse happens to them?
Please Do It Now!
Make a Diary or note it down on a notepad and keep it safely:
- Sit down, along with your spouse or whoever is the closest to you, but it should be the adults of the family.
- Write down, the important details of your financial details. For example, movable or immovable property.
- This may include your land/ bungalows/ flats and cars/ two wheeler vehicles and others.
- Make organised files, of the original certificates, of the ownership of these properties, as well as their Xerox/ duplicate copies.
- Also, attach the files of the Loan papers (if any), and their payment receipts. Include each and every details, regarding your property, and also make someone your 'nominee.'
Bank accounts and other Savings and Investments details:
- In another section, note down the details of your bank accounts and other savings details.
- There can be an individual account or joint account of the family members. In any case, there is always an option, to name your nominees, in your bank accounts.
- Since most of us operate, through online transactions nowadays, it is important to share passwords, with your joint account holder.
- It‘s wise, not to write the passwords, in the diary but there are other ways, to share passwords, with your close ones, which only both of you know and remember.
Have you written your ‘Will’?
Write your ’Will’:
- Whether young or old, if you are an earning member of the family, and you have children and elderly parents dependent upon you, it‘s wise to write your 'Will'. You can take expert legal advice, in this regard, about how to do it.
- The most irresponsible thing, which we can do to our families and our loved ones is, to not be prepared ourselves.
- It‘s important, to ensure that we have designated someone, whom we can trust our valuable assets.
You can safely keep your documents Online:
- There are easily available online mobile apps, to safely keep your passwords, which can be available to your nominee, or the next of kin, in case something happens to you suddenly.
- I am a bit apprehensive about this, and not sure but the tech. savvy young generation, vouch for this.
- A Google search can lead you to many such options. But it’s advisable to get properly educated, and informed by the experts, before going for these apps.
- This is one of the most needed and important act of love and blessings, you can give to your close ones, for whom you care.
Most of us do get Insurance for the Life, and appoint our nominees as well.
Document the original Life Insurance Policy, and pen down the details. This should include the commencement and maturity dates of the Insurance policy, which you have taken.
In addition, note down the premium amount and the period/ date/ month, when it is to be paid, and share it with your trusted one.
Have you made your 'Will'?
- Life is so uncertain!
- Can we ignore this truth?
- Can we deny it?
We can live in some dream World, where we refuse to think about it. But can we change the reality, that it will happen to everyone, including me?
Most of us, may even have such situations in life, other than the passing away, in which we will need help, in handling our financial, legal, and medical affairs.
It’s better to be prepared than sorry!
Think it over and act now.
EVault and Recovery Review, source: You tube
Writing a will online, source: You tube
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2015 Chitrangada Sharan