- Personal Finance»
- Income & Making Money
7 Apps and Websites That Will Actually Pay You
Apps That Pay
I'm a law student who works two jobs and babysits on the side, all while still essentially living off of government loans. To put it nicely, it sucks. I know that I'm going to graduate with an insane amount of debt, so I really started thinking about every possible way to make just a little extra money, and quite frankly, to not have to do much work in order to make it happen. I found that there are a number of apps and websites that pay for the simplest reasons. I compiled a list of my favorites for those looking to make a little extra money like I am.
1. Receipt Pal. This app literally could not be any easier. The payout, however, is slow. All you need to do is take pictures of receipts from you purchases, or forward online receipts to the email address. It doesn't matter where it is from or how much it was. It just needs to be from the month in which you are currently in. Every four receipts, you fill a "card", and you receive 100 points. You can cashout with as little as 400 points, for a $1 gift card, but I prefer to wait because the ratio of points to dollars is better if you wait. The payout is in giftcards.
2. Receipt Hog. This is very similar to #1, but I would actually say the payout is slower. It will accept all receipts. Most will give you coins, but some stores such as clothing and pet stores will give you "spins" and not coins. The lowest payout for coins is 1000, and that will get you either $5 for Paypal or Amazon. It's slow, but it is definitely worth it since all you have to do is snap a picture of a receipt you already have in your possession. Payout is Paypal or Amazon.
3. Bing Rewards. Bing rewards you for using their search engine. Before you say "I hate Bing, I use Google", listen to how I make this work, because I prefer Google as well. I downloaded the Bing app, and can receive 10 points daily for searches (2 searches = 1 point). So I do random searches through the app to receive points. Then, you can receive 15 points (30 searches) from the desktop, so I go to the homepage, and start clicking the trending news stories to yield searches. I usually cash out for either Amazon gift cards or a one month Hulu Plus subscription. In total, I've made over $90. Payout is in gift cards.
Use my referral link to sign up: https://www.bing.com/explore/rewards?PUBL=REFERAFRIEND&CREA=RAW&rrid=_dfd3b3ac-f9a3-87c8-dde3-54ac31111972
4. ibotta. This is probably one of my favorite apps that pays. Basically, you go grocery shopping, and if you buy the things that are listed on the app at the store you're choosing at that time, you can receive rebates back for those items, after unlocking the rebate. You typically have to scan the barcode AND snap a picture of the receipt, to prove purchase. It's so easy because this app doesn't just have items you would never purchase--it has real items you purchase every week, such as milk, eggs, fruits, veggies, etc. You must have $20 to cash out. Payout is in Paypal, Venmo, or gift cards.
If you sign up with my referral code wfqruhu, you will receive a bonus $10 to your account after redeeming your first rebate.
5. Swagbucks. I know this is a huge hit all over the internet, and I recently started using it, and it seems to have potential. You can receive Swagbucks for doing surveys, watching videos, and even performing searches through their browser on a desktop. Each Swagbuck is worth about a penny but you can easily make at least $30 a month between the every day stuff you do on the app and website, and the bonuses they give out. Payout is in gift cards or Paypal.
Use my referral code to sign up: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/amshula
6. AppCash. This is an app that awards points for doing little things like downloading an app and then running it (I do this for the points, and then delete the app), or answering quiz questions, or signing up for offers. You get 20 points daily just for signing in. You can cashout at 3,000 points for $5. Payout is in Paypal or Gift Cards.
Use my referral code to sign up: 40A9BCD8-E20E-4D8F-AB88-E5FB3FE1EBF8
Be on the lookout for more Apps that Pay!