Are You Looking For A Way To Pay For Your Hospital Bills And You Can't Find One. This Might Be The Solution For You.
Where Do You Go If You Need Help?
I'd share a short story that might help you. My husband has always been the one to provided health insurance coverage for our family through his work place, since my children were little until now but a year ago all things had changed for all of us. Once he was laid-off from work and that put our families health coverage in jeopardy. We had a month left with the health coverage and as soon as it ended, as we enter into a new month my youngest son got real sick and was rushed to the hospital on two incidents in one week. We didn't have any health coverage and we felt so embarrassed by our situation but our son needed the hospital's help. After receiving the medical bills in the mail for over $12,000 dollars under his name because he's over the legal age. I knew that I had to help him pay for these unexpected medical bills, somehow or someway, that's were my search began. I couldn't find anything over the internet that would help me so I dug deep and talked to friends and family members but they had no solution for me. I went to the library and did my research and picked up a couple of books and on the subject. That's when I found a solution to our problem written in these wonderful books.
Start here first: Go to the hospital and asked for help they have a financial department for this problem. Each hospital has an endowment program that they offer to the community, which helps low-income individuals or families pay for their medical bills. If any family or individual shows enough financial proof that they are unable to pay for their hospital bills the endowment program will take a look at the situation and give their final say within a couple months or so. The endowment program only has a certain amount of money that they can award any one family or individual, who applies so they have to make sure the money gets awarded correctly. It doesn't hurt to try using this method first before trying to set-up a medical bill payment plan.
What Will The Hospital Need From You?
- The most important thing that the hospital needs from you will be your financial records. Here is a list below that you would need to bring or send to them. They will asked you for copies and proof of all of these documents.
- All of the unpaid medical bills from the hospital.
- 2yrs of 1040A or 1040B or however you file your tax returns.
- 3 or 6 months of bank statements.
- 1 or 2 months worth of pay stubs or unemployment statements.
- They need a written but basic household budget with all your monthly expenses.
- A written statement from you saying, why you can't pay for these medical bills in others words the truth about your financial status.
A word of Advice: Be patient because the decision may take months and if they happen to say "no" to you for some odd reason. Don't be afraid to call the person, who send you the letter that confirms their decision and asked, why? You'd be so surprised that you did go that extra mile and call because they might be able to get you that extra financial help elsewhere.
How Can You Help?
If you can't donate any money to the any one of these organizations that I've mention, than share the message to others so we can all helped those that need this type of financial help. They say that sharing is caring and I'm a firm believer in that motto.
Did You Know That Hospitals Offered This Type Of Help?
Do You Think This Article Was Helpful?
Who Provides For The Hospital's Endowment Programs?
- The endowment programs are funded by some of these organizations like The Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, Red Cross and by many more organizations and charities that I did not mention. Mostly all of the endowment programs help communities that are in need by paying for multiple services like the ones I have listed below.
- Unpaid Medical Bills.
- Caring-Giving Asst. For The Elderly.
- Medical Equipment.
- Many other services that help people battle with mental Illness, disability, domestic violence victims, and suicide prevention programs.
Hey, checkout some more of my another articles right here!
- Where To Find The Right Entertainment In Chicago?
Here Are Some Local Areas That Might Interested You.
- My Grandmother "The Ultimate Penny Pincher!"
How did she get that name? I think it was because of her saving abilities?
- If You're Traveling To Chicago And Need Some Help Finding Places To Visit Then Look No Further.
Allow me to be your personal guide in helping you find what you're looking for in this great city, Chicago!
- 3 Things You Should Know. If You've Been In An Auto Accident And Were Denied An Auto Claim!
Hopefully these 3 options will help you!